006| spells and snakes

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ═════╗

Diviner

Spells and Snakes

╚══════✮❁•°❀°•❁✮══════╝

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

A GOLDEN STAGE had been set in the middle of the great hall, a good number of students surrounded it and watched as Lockhart stepped up. "Gather round! Gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions -- for full details, see my published works."

As Harry engaged in a small conversation, Althea leaned back against a pillar. She really had no interest but had been dragged to it by Hermione. "Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him, never fear!"

"What's the fun in that?" Ron commented. Lockhart and Snape faced each other and bowed, they then turned around wild west style. They walked forward ten steps and then turned around, wands pointed at each other.

"As you can see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position. On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course."

Althea snorted as she looked at Snape, "I wouldn't bet on it."

"One-two-three --"

"Expelliarmus!" Snape yelled. A flash of red light erupted from his wand and sent Lockhart flying into the wall.

"Do you think he's alright?" Hermione asked.

"Who cares?" Althea, Harry, and Ron chorused.

Hermione rushed to give Lockhart his wand back, "Ah, thank you, Miss Granger. Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy..."

Snape's face remained neutral as he spoke, "Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor."

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, how about you?"