Chapter 29

After a while of just sitting I decided to be productive and so I changed into some of Dani's clothes and got into the Saturn.

I drove to the last place that I saw Criss. Sure enough, he wasn't there so I drove around to where I remembered walking home from his house.

I remembered when I ran out of his house yelling and crying because he read my journal. Why were we so messed up?

I stopped at a familiar house and knocked on the door. The door swung open to a disgruntled Criss. His eyes brightened when they saw me but then they went back to their unusual drooped formation.

I felt bad that I had done this to him. He was the one that was supposed to be sad. But I had to be selfish and start freaking out about it.

"Criss I'm so-" He cut me off with a hand to my face.

"You don't get to be sorry." I looked at him. Why was he acting like this?

"But-" I was cut off again, but this time he was yelling.

"Your mom is dead and all you feel is pity! I know that you know how I feel and that it sucks, that she was all you had left. She didn't deserve any of the pain she had to go through. But in the end she died. I know you would've wanted me to meet her. I was planning a whole future for me and you Summer, and I wanted her to see us become something. But no! She's dead! You don't get to be sorry. It was my time to be weak, and scared, and sad. But you had to bring my dad into things and you ran off. It was ten years ago! Can you at least not make me feel even worse!" And with that he shut the door on me. I felt like I got punched in the chest and then stepped on by an elephant. I fell to the ground crying and hitting the door. He didn't respond. I thought he didn't hear me. So I started yelling apologies but he wouldn't open the door. After a while I sat there. I drove away with tears in my eyes. I lost him. He said he wanted a future with me. But he probably didn't feel that way now that he yelled at me and he thought I was selfish.

I loved him and was already missing him. But he sounded so angry. He must've felt something.

Right?

Criss POV:

I closed the door on Summer. I could hear her banging on the door screaming apologies through her choked voice. It took every bit of me not to open the door. I just sat on the other side sobbing. After a while the knocking stopped and I started to cry.

I lost her. She was the only thing I cared about in this world left and my outburst caused her to leave. She probably felt that I hated her and she meant nothing to me. I wanted her to know that she was the most important thing that I had left.

I wanted to open the door but I couldn't. I don't know why. I loved her I shouldn't have done this to her. I pounded my fist on the wall and screamed.

I missed my mom. She would've helped me. She would've told me that everything would be alright. But it wouldn't. I lost my mom and the girl I loved. The girl at the back of the class.

Hey ladybugs and gentlemen!
I'm planning on ending the story soon. I was wondering if you had suggestions for the end of the story private message me and I'll dedicate the chapter to you and give you a shoutout. And also, how did you like Criss' POV? Thank you so much for the support. I love you all! And....
Baiiiiiiiiii -KatieLou