Chapter 20

"Any idiot with a brain can tell he likes you."

I barely slept that night. Mostly because I was thinking about Criss. And because my brother sounded like GOD-FRICKIN-ZILLA. But, he liked me. I had no idea how it felt to be liked. It was nerve racking.

I finally went to sleep at 1 o' clock and woke up with my alarm blaring and my brother in my face.

"Wake up!" He yelled tugging my arm.

I turned over," Noooooo. Let me go to sleep."

After a couple minutes of tug-of-war with my arm I finally got up. I changed into jeans, an Audrey Hepburn tank top, and my usual black high-tops.

I did the usual and brushed my hair and teeth, and washed my face. I ate alot that morning because I was happy, and I was a happy eater.

The rest of the day was the same. We talked during all of our classes and he sat next to me at lunch. It was the perfect day.

After school we parted ways. I decided I would stay after class and help the teacher grade some homework. I was generally okay with her so we talked about random stuff.

After grading homework I grabbed my backpack and walked out of the classroom, waving goodbye to the teacher.

The class was near the doors that lead to the blacktop so I just walked out of them. On my way I bumped into a couple kissing against the wall.

"Sorry." I mumbled moving out of the way.

I looked up and saw Criss with the same girl that beat me up a few weeks ago.

Joann

She smirked and looked at me. She pitied me. Criss grabbed my shoulder and faced me toward him. He started to say an apology. But I could barely hold back the tears so I pushed him away and ran toward my car.

I drove for a while until I got to the bottom of the hill near my house. I parked in a small space between the trees to where it couldn't be found.

I stayed in the woods for a while mostly crying and hitting myself for beleiving that he liked me.

I got a text from my brother and I decided that it was time for me to go. I got in my car and drove up the hill.

I walked into my house and threw my bag on the ground causing the contents to spill out. Including my notebook. I fell to my knees and grabbed my notebook.

"I need you mom. Now more than ever."

No words.....

Bai -KatieLou