Chapter one hundred and fifteen

Start from the beginning

Reaching the doorway we stopped. Anakin looked to me, his eyes meeting mine then glancing to Ari before back to meet mine. It was a quiet sign asking if I'd take our daughter from him for just a second. I stepped forward and nodded but Ahsoka stepped in before I could.

"Please, may I?" She asked sweetly, her walls falling a little. Outstretching her arms I watched as Anakin's face lit up. He gently passed Ari across, the girl stood ring a little as she was handed over into Ahsoka's arms.

"Hey sweetie...say hello to auntie Snips." Anakin chuckled quietly as the girls blue eyes opened. Ahsoka gave him a playful punch to the arm
Then adjusted her grip as Ari slowly woke up.

"Don't push your luck Skyguy," She chuckled in response with an eye roll. She then looked down at little Ari. "Hey, it's been a while little one, I'm Ahsoka...I don't know if you remember me but-

Auntie Soka..!" The little girl cheered as her eyes lit up. For just a brief moment I saw a flash of pain flicker through Ahsoka's eyes, dimmed recollection of the name. Despite the passing look she then smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, that's right...but maybe just call me snips like your dad does actually." Ahsoka replied cradling the girl. It was obvious she didn't like the nickname being used anymore, not after what happened most likely. Ari giggled and nodded her head.

"Okie." She replied without noticing the sadness to Ahsoka's own gaze. Ari was to young to understand grief. I had to hoped she always kept ahold of her innocence. She was just excitable and keen to follow her fathers footsteps.

As the girl poked at Ahsoka's montrails and they partook in a little short conversation. The scene was so adorable even as Anakin was checking the next door room I decided to snap a quick picture. Anakin soon returned and lightly cleared his throat.

"Ahsoka, the troops are ready to see you." He then said as I stepped forward to take Ari from her arms knowing Anakin had quite the surprise lined up. Ari cooed and wrapped her arms around my neck as I picked her up. I then watched Ahsoka step forward to Anakin: side, hanging back as he smiled.

Anakin looked to the door next after sharing a glance with the young lady. He placed his hand to the panel and opened the door. As he did it slid away and beyond a battalion of the 501st stepped into a salute. They held their helmets at their sides, specially painted ones with the pattern of Ahsoka's facial markings.

Ahsoka's face lit up with surprise and for a moment she didn't move. She was in awe. Anakin smiled softly and offered for her to go in ahead of him. After I get looking to check he was she she hesitantly stepped in, walking over towards Jesse and Dice. She reached out and grazed ger fingers over one of their helmets, admiring the paintwork. Looking to Dice's helmet she noticed another little marking to the side...

She smiled softly and brushed her thumb over the small patch of purple. She then stepped back just as Red fell out of line to greet his commander. He gave her her time to process this, standing with Anakin as I hung back.

"The paint works a little crude but..,

The captain now commander trailed off with a shrug as she looked up towards him.

"It's perfect, I, I feel honoured thank you..." Ahsoka replied giving him a smile then looking to Anakin. This was the first time I'd seen my husband act so modest, he didn't boast about the bright idea. No he didn't even look smug, he just seemed happy to have one of our girls back...

"When we heard you were coming we wanted to prepare something special, the little one helped with the paintwork." Rex replied as Ahsoka looked around once more. Nodding to little Ari and smiled and kissed the little girls cheek. It was then that Ahsoka seems to notice the little white hand praying on the chin of Rex's own helmet.