Chapter 104. | v-day

Start from the beginning

"He wants me to perform an original song at the wedding reception." I replied. "You don't sound too happy about that. What's wrong?" Santana asked worriedly.

"You know how I recently started to feel about songwriting. It's just not coming naturally as it used to." I sighed. "Did he say what it has to be about?" My girlfriend questioned. "Preferably about love." I answered.

"Well, that should be easy. The wedding falls on Valentine's Day. That's double the amount of love right there." She joked. "You always know how to make me feel better." I smiled.

"Quinn is throwing a Valentine's Day-themed get-together at her mom's place. She invited the OG glee club members. Do you want to go? If you're not in the mood then, we could always relax at your place." Santana asked.

"No, I'll go. I need to go out or else I'm going to drive myself crazy by trying to come up with a song." I replied as I pulled into my driveway.

"Okay then, I'll pick you up from your place, and then we'll go over there together." My girlfriend said. "Sounds good." I smiled as I parked my car and took the keys out of the ignition.

"See you in a few. Love you." Santana said. "I love you too." I smiled before I hung up the phone. "Hello? I'm home!" I announced as I walked through the front door. The house was completely silent.

Jonah, Aliyah, and Micah are all still at school since they weren't invited to Mr. Shue's wedding. My mom, dad, Julia, and Lucas must be out. This means I have the entire house to myself.

I entered the kitchen and pour myself a cup of juice before I headed upstairs to my room.

"I have about three hours until Santana picks me up. I should at least come up with the melody of the song." I said to myself as I sat down at my desk. Next to my desk were my keyboard and guitar.

"I think I should play the acoustic for this song." I said to myself before picking up my guitar. I made sure my guitar was tuned to EADGBE before I did anything else. I also placed a capo on the first fret.

I started to play around with the strings until I found a few chords that I wanted to be the recurring chords throughout the entire song. Those chords are called CM7 and D. They're going to be played repeatedly.

A few hours passed and so far, I have only written the first two verses. I looked at the time on my phone and it was time for me to start getting ready.

After I showered, I dried off and returned to my bedroom. I have no idea what's required attire for this party. So, I dialed up Santana. Once she answered, I put the phone on speaker before laying it on my bed.

"Hey babe, what's the dress code for the party?" I asked my girlfriend as I slipped on a pair of underwear. "Quinn told me that the dress code is causal-formal. No jeans, no sneakers." Santana replied.

"Damn, she must be going all out." I laughed as I fastened my bra. "She's most definitely is. She has the entire house to herself. She also wants us to bring something so, we'll have to stop at the store on way." She told me.

"Okay, I'm getting dressed now." I informed her. "Okay, I'll see you shortly. I am on may." My girlfriend responded. "Sounds good, see you soon." I smiled before hanging up.

I rubbed deodorant and lotion on before walking over to my closet. Since this is a no jean event, I have to dress nicely. It took me a good minute to figure out what I'm going to wear.