Iris

All she could focus on was the excruciating pain in her abdomen. Daryl places a wet cloth to her forehead and sighs as her whimpers fill the quiet barn. "Alright bethy, i need you to push." Maggie says as she uncovers Beth's lower half. Beth was in unbearable pain, yet she pushed as hard as she possibly could.

-

"C'mon bethy, just a little more, we're almost done." Maggie exclaimed. Finally, after hours of pushing the child was born. "Its a girl!." Crying fills the barn and beth smiled slightly before completely passing out. Maggie was quick to cut the cord and wrap the baby in blankets.

"Poor thing." Michonne says as she strikes Beth's face. "Have you decided on a name?." Carol asked and daryl nodded. "Beth wanted to name her Iris." Maggie raised an eyebrow. "How did you know it was a her?."

"I didn't, beth did. I swear, mothers have this sick sense to them." Maggie laughs before handing iris over to daryl. Although the baby could not see, she reached up and touched his face. He couldn't help but let a few tears slip. This was his blood.

As everyone left the room to give them some privacy, he sat down next to beth and pressed the cloth down on her forehead as Maggie cleaned her up. Iris had fallen asleep in Daryl's arms which only made his heart melt even more. "You did it bethy." He whispers and he swears he could see a smile appear across her face in her unconscious state.