Independent

The summer air was thick in the barn, beth pants as she removes yet another layer of clothing. She didn't know how much longer she could keep this up. Not only that, she needed to find a safe place to have the baby. Daryl looks over at her and frowns, wiping sweat from his own forehead.

"I know its hot babygirl, i know." He says and she looks up at him. Her skin was doughy and white which only made her eyes look darker. She wipes the sweat from her face and gulps the last of the water.

"We need to - find a safe place- to have the baby." She says in between breaths. Daryl nods. "And we will." Beth shook the canteen and when she discovered there was no water, she frowned. "Daryl, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-"

"Dun worry 'bout it bethy." He says and she bites her lip. She felt horrible that the group now revolved around her since her baby was soon to be born. She hated the attention and all the supplies spent on her to make sure she was okay. What about everyone else? .. She thought.

"We cant keep using supplies on me - what about you? Rick? Michonne? Judith, Carl? Daryl this is wrong." She blurted out and felt tears prick at her eyes. She felt selfish. "Beth, there okay with it -"

"But I'm not." She said as she sighed before getting up, grabbing her clothes and walking to the first level of the barn. She looked around at the peaceful sleeping bodies laying in the hay. She shook her head before walking outside of the barn. She slipped into her clothes, then took her knife from the holster and walked further into the forest.

-

Its been hours since anyone had seen beth, and daryl was starting to worry. "She couldn't have gotten far daryl -"

"She could be dead!." He yelled as he threw his hands in the air. "Guys," Carl interrupts and don't stop arguing. "Guys!,"

"Not now Carl! I'm busy! Go read some comic books or something." Rick says angrily and Carl stands up and steps between the two men.

"Can you both pull your heads out of your asses and listen to me! Theres someone walking towards the barn!." He yells and they stand there shocked for a moment. There was a knock on the barn and everyone jumps. Daryl raises his crossbow and opens the barn doors. Someone drops two bags of canned food, supplies and water on the ground and daryl looks at them uneasily. "Who are you?." He demands. A pair of feminine hands lift the hood from their head and beth stands there. Dirt and walker blood smeared in her delicate cheeks with a layer of sweat.

"Beth." Daryl says, dropping his weapon and taking her into a tight embrace. "The hell beth, why didn't you tell us where you were going? We could have helped you." She puts her hands up and shakes her head. "I owe you all." She says simply before pulling a stuffed bear from her bag and slowly walks over to Judith. "Here judy." She says with a smile as Judith embraces the bear with much force. She then turns to Carl and with a small smile, throws him some comic books.

With that she makes her way back up to the place where she and daryl stayed and plopped herself down on the hay. She was exhausted. Her eyes began to grow heavy and she fell into a peaceful slumber.

-

"D-Daryl." Beth shook his arm as she clutched her stomach. "Daryl!." His shes finally fluttered open and he looks at her. "Yeah, whats wrong?."

"I-I think my water broke."