Children

[weeks later]

Aspen had devolved so much the last couple of weeks. She started talking again, and she even called me mommy. Which I'm not gunna lie was kinda weird and uncomfortable but it was a lot better then calling me beth. Jessie had still been trying to get custody of her but as long as i live i wont let it happen.

"Mommy." Mommy.. Still so new to me.. She thought. "Yeah aspen?." Aspen walked over to her and kneeled in front of the bed. "Whats wrong lovely?." Apen wiped the tears from her eyes and but her lip. "Nightmare.. Can I sleep with you and daddy?." Beth looks over at daryl who moves away from her so she could crawl into bed with them. Aspen curls up close to beth and daryl and falls fast asleep.

"Children are adorable.." Beth says quietly and daryl nods. "Always wanted to have my own.." She trails off. Her voice above a whisper. "Me too." He says quietly and beth feels the heat rise to her cheeks. She didn't expect him to hear that. Beth looks down at aspen to make sure she was asleep. "Do you want to have our own?." Beth asks and Daryl's feet go cold. "I mean we've taken pretty good care of aspen.."

A million thoughts rushed through his head as he thought about all the risks. "Beth, I don't know if we'll be here for nine months... Plus what if you end up like Lori?..."

"Don't talk like that daryl, gladdis said there is a good doctor here. The birth will go fine." He sighed. "Okay but are we staying nine months? What if the place gets overrun.." Beth turned on her side and carefully stroked his cheek. "It will go fine. Trust me."

-

"Are you sure you wanna follow through with it beth?." Maggie asks as she takes aspen from her sister. "More then sure."

"What 'bout daryl? Is he sure too?." Beth nodded before unlocking the front door for her sister. "We just need a few days at most." Maggie nodded hesitantly before walking out the door.

"Mornin'." Daryl says sleepily as he walks down the stairs. "Morning." He walks over and kisses her tenderly on the temple before looking around. "Where's aspen?." He asks and beth smiles. "Maggie took her for a few days so we can have some time to ourselves."

"Beth i don't know if we can do this -"

"Why we had before?." Daryl shakes his head. "No not the sex, i mean starting a family. What if you do end up like Lori?.." Beth gives his hand a reassuring squeeze and flashes cheeky smile. "We can do this."