Pain

Daryl sat in the arm chair by Beth's bed. He hasn't left her side for two weeks now. As for Maggie, no one's seen her since things went bad with Romona.

Beth's eyes were as big as saucers. She jumps up and looks around confused. "Where - What-"

"Beth!." Daryl yells as he wraps his arms around her. He cant help but let a few tears fall from his eyes. "I thought i lost you."

"How long have I been sleepin'?." She asked and daryl frowned. "About two days. But then you were in some sorta shock.. You weren't responding.." Beth sighed and felt this sharp pain escalate throughout her chest. "Don't...don't move." Daryl said as he looked down at her.

"Did anything happen while I was absent?." Daryl bowed his head. "Uhm.. A lot.." Beth furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean.. A lot?." Daryl just frowned and shook his head. "Daryl what happened?." She asked again.

"More walkers got in, killed a bunch of people... This place aint safe no more bethy." Beth's jaw was nearly hitting the floor as she listened to his words. "M-Maggie, is she alright?."

"Yeah, shes fine." Beth was about to ask about Romona when she cupped her mouth. It felt like someone had punched a hole in her chest [a/n HAHA GET IT] and ripped out her heart. Daryl just wrapped his arms around her again and soothed her until she calmed down a bit.

"I think we may have to go back out there." He said calmly and beth nodded. She knew that from the beginning, thats why she didn't let this place get her hopes up too high.

"We need to get you somewhere safe, for yours and the baby's sake." He said and beth frowned before hugging herself. "But the doctor's are here-"

"One was killed .. Theres one more doctor who agreed to come on the road with us, Dr. Edwards." Beth nodded slowly. She still couldn't wrap her mind around the situation.

"Get some rest babygirl," daryl said as he places a tender kiss on her temple. "I'll be back in a bit."

"No," she said as she sat up abruptly and cringed in pain. "I've been resting for days, I want to see Maggie." Daryl sighed. He knew he wouldn't change her mind. So he simple nodded his head in the direction of the door and beth climbed out of bed happily.

As soon as her feet touched the cold wooden floors, it sent chills down her spine. The house was quiet, and a part of beth wanted to go into aspen's room to wake her up for breakfast.

As soon as they reached the kitchen, Maggie sat there with a cup of steaming coffee. Maggie's eyes were red and bloodshot as she stared blankly at the ground. Beth felt horrible. She knew she had grown so close to Romona but like anything good in this world, it was snatched by the dead.

Her eyes flicked up from the floor and in a matter of seconds she was holding beth in her arms. Tears pour down both their faces as they hold each other. "I'm so sorry Maggie." She whispered and Maggie just nodded.

"Did daryl tell you already.." She asked and beth nodded before pulling up a seat in a kitchen chair. "Yeah, he did." If was silent for a few minutes.

"Did you bury her?." Beth asked, trying to conceal the pain in her voice and daryl bowed his head. "Yeah.. We did." Images of her lifeless body being put in the ground still haunted him.

"Start packing bethy, we needa start goin'."