Strength & Jealousy

It was around 2:30 and the four were still goofing around by the fire. Beth sat on Daryl's lap with his hands resting on her waist while Romona and Maggie laughed hysterically over a story.

"Im glad you invited me." Daryl said with a muffled voice as he kissed her shoulder, then rested his head there. Listening to her heartbeats. "I'm glad you actually came." Beth said before turned around to face him. The tension was there, they were just inches away from each other's faces when -

"I hope I'm not interrupting your hookup," Jessie said as she rested a hand on Daryl's shoulder and he flinched. "But it is after hours and you all need to leave, now." Romona and Maggie stopped laughing and glared at Jessie. It was silent, the only noise was the crackling of the fire.

"You said we were able to visit community grounds from 7 till 1." Romona said and Jessie snickered l. "Is 2:30 my dear, now get your asses out of here before this becomes a problem." Beth crawled off his lap and stood up before walking with the group before she felt Jessie yank her hair and she yelped. "Beth, stay for a moment." She said bitterly and the three turned around. Daryl wanted to kill her for hurting beth but Maggie and Romona held him back.

"Get your hands off of her." He said sternly and she glared. "Were my instructions unclear? All three of you better leave now before I get gladdis involved." Romona huffed before tugging Daryl's arm in the direction of their houses. Jessie's grip on her hair grew tighter as she watched them walk away. Once they were out of sight, she threw beth to the floor and kicked her in the ribs.

"I told you the rules applied in the walls," she kicked her again, much harder this time. "And you defiled me again." She was beating beth to a pulp and after she was done, she spit on her. Beth didn't cry, she didn't scream or fight back. She just took it. "The rules are simple. Stay out of my way and you don't get punished." Beth weakly leaned on a log. In that moment, it clicked. "Stay out of...," she said weakly l. "Stay out of your way?! This isn't even about me and daryl anymore, is it?." Beth yelled and Jessie turned to face her again.

"Its about you being a little whore and fucking up everything I've wanted!." Beth looked at her in disgust. "Your married and you want daryl." Jessie laughed coldly. "Ahh, so you've finally figured it out, hm?."

"What the hell is wrong with you?!." Beth yelled as she staggered to her feet. "Nothin', now stay in your lane bitch."

Jessie began to walk away before beth spoke again. "Your the only one here that needs to stay in their lane." Jessie clenched her jaw and balled her fists as she went right up to beth. She flipped over her wrist and gawked at the long scar. "If you think anyone can love this, then your foolish. You're weak. You're worthless, and your not what daryl needs."

"I am strong." Beth said firmly. The confidence in her eyes was astounding. Jessie simply laughed and walked away. Leaving beth alone with the dying fire. She wiped away the blood dripping from her nose with the back of her hand. Beth knew she was strong. She knew she wasn't weak and that she wasn't worthless. However one thing she would soon find out is that Jessie had lit a fire inside her that wouldn't burn out until she did.