Tattle Tales. (Edited)

Alex.

I'm sure it's Clay. He did something. I sighed and gave the people around me a pitiful look. "I will be right back." I said. Niki shrugged and walked off with the other girls at her heel. 

I glanced down at the kitten who was slowly waking up. I knew that Nick was in the room with Clay I felt comfortable with facing him.

I walked in and smiled at Nick's and then asked to ask a few questions. "Sure." Clay answered he turned from Nick and faced me with a frown. 

"I wanted to ask what has happened in the days that you and Zak were alone." I said. Clay's frowned deepened. "Can I ask why?" he asked. 

I shook my head. "You don't have a choice. I need to know before I lose my brother again." I answered. Clay's frowned to one of horror and he started to move. 

Nick grabbed his collar. "Answer him, first." He growled. Clay twisted again and the pressed his lips together clearly thinking.

Suddenly he turned to me. "You have to let me out. if you don't that loosing of your brother is going to be permanent." He said. I glanced at Nick. 

"Why?" I asked. Clay shook his head. "If I tell you then I need permission to do anything to stop them." He said. I thought a moment. "Fine. IF it's a good reason." I answered. 

"I don't know why but Zak and Darryl are being hunted. If they go out then they'll get caught. Because the men aren't from around here they stayed out of the castle but they still follow us into the village. They can't leave the castle court yard." Clay rambled.

Clay

Alex didn't even look to Nick. he just dropped the sleeping kitten, turned and ran. Nick instantly followed. I slipped a few of my knockout darts up my sleeve. then darted after them.

I easily caught up them, then ahead of them. we passed the girls. "Dist, they're trying to leave." I hissed as we passed. 

She snapped to attention. her glance at the girl told them to stay put. then she ran to caught up with me. I glanced at the boys behind me. 

then over at her. she shook her head telling me not to do it. I internally groaned. I gave in and skidded around the corner.

Zak

I smiled slightly at his answer. "Yeah I trust you. if you need to knock me out go-a-head." he said. I nodded then offered him a small flask. he took it and then looked back up at me. 

I nodded. so he opened it and tilted it enough to drink some. he pulled it from his mouth and closed it. I took it from his and quickly put it in my pocket. 

then looked up at him. he smiled slightly then closed his eyes and started to collapse. I caught him and headed out.

Just as I got to the front door of the castle, a voice yelled at me from behind. "Zak! I swear if you leave this castle. you'll in so much trouble!" I spun around to face Clay in short panic.  "Shit!"