Book and Da Stick. (Edited)

Alex.

I sighed, folded and sealed the letter and placed it next to me. I looked up to see Karl pull a book off the shelf.

I hadn't been on that shelf for a good two months and missed its contents. "Can you even read?" I asked standing up to see which book he had.

"Yeah, kind of. My mom taught me when I was seven." He responded. "So what's that word?" I asked pointing to the second word in the title.

He was holding Sleeping Beauty. I had pointed to the word beauty. "Uhm, I dont know I know what that is though. Thats sleep." He said.

I smiled. "Thats sleepING. Do you not know what prefixes are?" I asked. "Pre-what?" He asked. I took the book and gestured for him to come was me.

"Come on, Ill read it to you." He shifted and followed me to the chair. Once I sat down he jumped into my lap and curled up.

(Time skip.)

I snapped the book closed and rubbed his head. He purred and tilted his head so I could rub under his chin. He purred once I did.

I sighed and pulled another piece of paper out of the drawer. I stopped petting him, so I could start my next letter.

But Karl didnt like this and pawed my hand till I put my hand back where it was on his head. "Karl, I need to write these letters." I said.

He stopped purring to growl at me, before continuing his purring. A few minute later it seemed like he was asleep so I stopped rubbing his head and started writing.

I got a good halfway through my letter when Karl started growling at me. "Lar, stop." I said without pausing my writing. He jumped off my lap and to my desk.

He curled around my inkwell and contentedly watched my pen move across the paper in a smoothly.

Suddenly the door open and Niki walked in. "Hey Alex, Karl." She said with a smiled toward the kitten.

"Alex, I need help. Mother wants me two go spend the day at Lord Soots house today and hang out with his pathetic little son. Dont tell mom I said that please. Anyway but Dad wants me to take like fifteen guards with me and Eret want me to go with a chaperon, who will make sure that nothing happens between me and his son. And this is so tiring. So I come up here to see if Karl wants to play."

She said. Karl lifted his head up from it place watching my pen.

"Oh, okay so you dont want me to come with you because I like men and can distracted him from you? Because I think that both Dad and Punz will change their minds about you taking a chaperon. So you came because you know this? And want you to go with you right?" I asked without stopping my writing.

Niki sighed and petted Karls head. "I do want you to go, but not to distract the guy but to help me communicate with him properly. Mom hasn't taught me yet." She said.

"Hey Karl look want I have." She said and revealed a small stick. Karl perked up and sniffed at the stick.

He meowed happily and bit the stick rolling to his back to play fight it. I watched him and sent a questioning look at my sister.

"Cat nip." She said in answered to the unspoken question. I hummed and folded the newly finished letter. "So will you go with me?" She asked.

I sighed and waved my hand at the entranced cat on my desk. "Asked him. Ill go, if hes okay with it." Niki leaned forward and rubbed Karls head.

"Hey Karl do you want to go on a trip with me?" She asked. Karl stopped and stared at her then went back to chewing the stick. "Thats a no." I said.

She smiled and pulled her hand away from Karls head. He whined and abandoned the stick. See you do want to go with me. She said picking him up.

Karl wriggled in her hands and meowed at me to take him. I leaned forward and took him. He escaped my hands and curled around my neck laying so to keep his balance.

He laid his head down and purred. "Karl. Fine my stick." She said picked up the stick and started walking out.

Karl jumped from my shoulders and shifted as he jumped at her. "KARL!!" I yelled Karl landed on her making her fall to the floor.

But before they landed he flipped them over so he was on bottom. Niki landed on top of him with a grunt.

Karl grabbed the stick and pushed himself to his feet holding her up in doing so. She squealed and gripped his neck.

He slowly placed her feet on the ground and released her. She stepped back and panted for air. Karl stuck the stick in his mouth and shifted.

He jumped back to the desk and used the stick to push the pieces of the figure to the floor again. He then used this new room to play fight the stick.

"Ill go and Ill bring Karl too." I assured her. Niki smiled and left, still panting. "Karl come here." I said.

He perked up and looked over at me with a cat glare. "Now." I dropped my voice to make him move.

His ears twitched and he stood picking up the stick and slinking over to me. "Stick. Now sit." I said once he dropped the stick in my hand.

He sat and cocked his head at me. "You are going and are not going to fight me. Understood?" I asked.

Karl glared at me and then tried to get his stick back. "No, you can't have this till you say sorry to Niki." I said.

Man will he regret that.