Flashback, Part Two. (Edited)

Recap, Darryl was sent to bed by Zak, the centaur's uncle. Back to the story.

I woke up early and snuck down to the kitchens. I slipped in without making a noise with the door. I wandered into the rarely empty kitchen and sat in a chair.

It was empty and quiet. I knew that Jazz was going to be in a few minutes. So I didnt have to wait for long.

She wander in and started the fire and her other morning chores. I knew she wasnt going to notice me unless I said anything.

"Hey Jazz!" I said. "Ahhh!! Bloody hell, Darryl what are doing up in my kitchens this earily in the morning?" She spun on me like a snake on its prey.

I shrugged. "First language. I need a little food before head out to sketch. I want a picture of a centaur. So Im going to go hide in the stable loft." I answered.

She nodded and stood. "I have to get baking." She said and blocked me out. I couldn't help but giggle at her. I snuck an apple, some cheese, some bread, and a bottle of water.

I snuck to the stables and silently climbed the latter to the loft. Zak was laying down, in his stall. He was still chained to the wall.

But he looked semi content. I sat down and started sketching. "What are you doing back here?" I jumped and dropped the pencil.

Zak looked up to where Zaks uncle was watching me. I looked down to where my pencil had fallen. "What do you mean? I have permission to be here."

I said and watched the centaur under me, picked up my pencil. "What are you doing watching Zak? Is what I meant." He said.

"Oh, Im sketching a picture so I have a picture of a centaur in my book." I answered and leaned down to take my pencil from the centaur.

He frowned but let me and just watched my movements. I finished sketching Zak in his laying down position and then looked it His uncle.

"Can I sketch you?" I asked. "Sure." He answered and turned to Zaks mother who was just waking up.

I started sketching him, finishing it a minute or so later, now used to drawing the half human horses. I stood and climbed down the latter.

"May I see your sketch?" I turned to Zaks uncle. I hesitated. "Uh, I dont usually show people. But sure. Here." I said and walked back to his stall and flipped my sketch open.

I showed him and watch his reaction. It looks almost perfect. "Can I see Zak?" He asked. I nodded and flipped the page.

He looked at it and smiled. Zaks Mother leaned over to look to. She snatch it from my hand and looked at it closer.

"How did you do that?" She asked and knelt down show Zaks sister. "Cool." The little girl cooed and smiled at me.

I took the book back and flipped it closed. "It just a talent of mine." I said and placed the book back in my small bag I was carrying.

I walked to Zaks stall and watched as he opened his eyes and looked at me. "What?" He asked. "I have a question. My dad didnt feed last night, did he?" I asked.

"That thing is your dad? Yeah, he didnt. Why?" He asked standing up and towering over me. "I have something to eat." I said.

"Good for you." He said and watched me unhook the latch to the stall door. "Wait, what are you doing?" He asked stepping back.

"Well you cant eat with hands tied behind you." I said. He pressed his lips together and knelt so I could reach the rope on his arms and wrists.

I frowned and untied the rope. Freeing his arms, but leaving it tied around his upper arms. "Can you untie this please?" He asked.

I went to step over his body to untie it. As soon as my first leg was over his body he stood up.

Now I was trapped on his back. I wasn't tall enough to get down and he obviously didn't want to kneel for me to get down. You left the door open. He said and paused.

"Can I have that food?" He asked. I pulled it out of my bag and started by handing him the bread and cheese.

He took it and ate it happily, standing with me on his back. I kept my balance and slowly relaxed, as I got used to the feel of being in the air.

Suddenly the door opened and my dad walked in. I cringed then frowned as Zak grabbed the rope and held his arm behind him.

My dad walked toward us and watched as I stuffed my book into my bag. "What are you doing?" He asked leaning on the stall wall. "Uh r-riding a centaur?" I said questioningly.

My dad reached into his pocket and pulled out a key. Walking into the stall he unlocked the chain about Zaks hoof. "Can I leave safely?" He asked.

I glanced around. By now the other centaurs were watching and seemed intrigued to why he was keeping me trapped on his back. "Darryl, try digging your heel in his side." My dad said.

I followed his suggestion and Zak pressed his lips together. Leaning forward I quickly rapped the rope around his arms and made it look like it was still tied.

Zak glanced back at me and walked forward. I sat up straight to keep my balance, and let Zak go to his mother's side.

His mother rolled her eyes and calmly smacked the back of his head. He laughed and walked outside. He took a deep breath and looked back at me with a smile.