Hold On. (Edited)

Alex POV

"Alex, theres some one here to see you." I sat up and looked at my mother. I had been laying in my bed after meeting with at least three girls.

All I had to do was to keep up a fun, outgoing, Kingly attitude. And talk with them for two hours.

Then I had to tell my parent that they weren't the ones and then write a letter to the princesses fathers declining the offer of marriage.

"Alex, this one isn't a princess. Its Duke Fundy and his son, Sclatt." My mother said. I sat up. I got up and took my mothers arm, escorting her down the stairs.

We got to the bottom step. My father was already down there talking with the master Fundy. My mother walked to her husbands side leaving me with Sclatt.

"So, what have you been up to?"" I asked. Sclatt smiled and popped his knuckles. "Hunting, its the best thing in the world, right now. And you, your Highness?" He asked with a grin.

"Meeting with potential Princesses to be my bride. Its exhausting to write letters to every single King to nicely say that I don't like their daughter."

Sclatt started laughing. "You've got quite the life on your hands." I noticed that our parents were already at the door so ignoring Sclatt I ran to caught up with them.

My mother looked up and frown. Sclatt came up just behind me. But before He could say anything, my father got our attention.

"Son, Master Fundy says that they have a gift for you." My father took my mothers arm and I quickly followed so Sclatt had to walk with his mother and not with me.

We walked out to the courtyard, where their carriage stood waiting. Master Fundy asked me to follow him. I did and he led me to the back of his carriage.

I was a little surprised at what was back there. There were about four guards struggling with containing a really active boy.

He was on the smaller side, with the look of a fifteen-year-old, and light brown hair with matching perky green eyes.

He was nimble and thin but clearly strong, whenever a guard grabbed a hold of him, he'd shake it off. He was running around making the guards struggle to keep him in one spot.

I started walking forward just as Sclatt, and my parents came around the carriage. "Alex, what are you doing?"" My mother asked.

I didn't stop but continued walking toward the boy still surrounded by guards. I now saw why the guards even had a chance, the boys hands were tied behind him.

He saw me then hissed at me. Turning his focus off the guards, two now got a grip on him and a good one. He tried struggling but the guards kept him still.

Master Fundy walk to my side. "This a shifter I found on my property. Well Sclatt did but still. Its name is Karl and hes a cat." Master Fundy said looking at my parents.

I frowned. "What wrong?" I jumped a little when Sclatt whispered in my ear. "You said it was a gift?" I asked turning to Master Fundy.

He nodded and I looked back at the boy. He was now completely subdued, with his hand behind his back he didn't really have a chance.

The Castle bell rung three times. "Well, we've got to go. I hope you like this gift, it was after all Sclatts idea." Master Fundy said. My father called for some of our guards to take the shifter.

Once Fundy and his son were gone, my father left the guards and shifter to me. "Take him to my bedroom. And then leave him alone, but stand sentry, please." The guards nodded and pulled the shifter off. I then walked down to the kitchens.

I opened the Kitchen door and walked into the room. It was about the size of two full cottages. I smiled at the calm chaos that was going on.

The chaos was being led by a girl a few years older than me, at the age of twenty, my parents believe that you can be anything no matter your age and gender.

She saw me and run over. "Prince Alex, what brings you to my messy kitchens?" She bounced as she spoke which was normal.

"I am in need of a few knickknacks." She smiled at my language, anywhere else I would have been rebuked for talking like a child, but here I was free.

"And what are those knickknacks my prince will be needing?" a few others walked up to see if they could help me.

"I need some milk, cream, biscuits, and some food from dinner." The others ran off. The head cook smile at me.

"Sometimes I think they read my mind." She giggled and stood till they came back with the stuff. "Thank you again." I bowed and walked out.