Chapter 22

Callie's POV
Dylan inches closer "Are you su-" he looks behind me and cuts himself off he looks at the driveway excited. When I look I feel my face go pale, I see Kai's car pull in the driveway. I took Dylan being distracted to book it in the house. "WE'RE NOT DONE" I hear Dylan yell from outside, I run into the house.
Manny's POV 
"Finally got that paint off," I say walking out of the bathroom with my shorts on and drying my hair. I open my eyes and bump into Callie who was running. I hear Dylan talking "Come on I'll introduce you to Callie," he says talking to someone. I wonder who he's talking to, "Fuck" I hear her say I pick her up off the ground and back on her feet. I look at her and all of a sudden I'm being dragged back into the bathroom. She closes the door and listens "Callie where are you" Dylan calls out "Callie wh-" she cuts me off by putting her and over my mouth "Shh I don't feel like talking to Dylan or anyone new right now" she whispers. I nod and she lowers her hand "Then let's go for a drive" I say seeing her keys. She nods and we wait "I wonder where she is I'm going to check her room I'll be right back," Dylan says we hear the step creak. I swing the door open and pick Callie up going for the door. "Hello, Kai," I say running out Callie grabs something but I don't stop to see what it is. I put her down and we get in the car and outcomes Dylan "CALLIE AND MANNY GET BACK HERE YOU HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW" he yells as we back drive off "WE'LL BE BACK MOM" I yell back laughing. I hear Callie laughing as we drive off, "All this to avoid being social" I say chuckling. "I wasn't up for it," she says shrugging stopping at a red light "Oh here you go," she says handing me my gray hoodie that was hanging by the door. "Thank you," I say putting the hoodie on, I look in the rearview mirror. "Oh, shit," I say seeing Kai's car racing to us "What," she asks confused "Kai and Dylan are coming for us" I laugh she laughs too "Turn green," she says to the light, and just like that the light turns green and she zooms off. "Callie I don't know if you can beat Kai he races for fun," I tell her and she chuckles "Well I have to try," she says ecstatically. 

Callie's POV
I smile I love driving on the streets it gives me more freedom I zoom through the cars. "Tell me when you can't see them anymore," I say to Manny. Who is in shock by my driving he just nods I remember there is an ally way a couple of streets ahead "I don't see them" he says excitedly. I take a hard right turn into the alley I shut the car off "get down" I say pulling Manny down. I peak up and see Kai's car zoom by. "Okay we're all good," I say getting back on the seat but Manny is still looking at me in shock. "What," I say laughing nervously, "where did you learn to drive like that," he says in shock. "It's dumb you'll laugh," I say "no I won't," he says getting back on his seat. "You know those racing arcade games that you sit in that's where," I say nervously. "Wow I need to play that game more," he says smiling, "Do you think we can beat them home," I say smiling and he nods happy, We get back home and go to our rooms. I lay on my bed and think about shirtless Manny "why are you so hot" I say to myself.

Manny's POV
I plop down on my bed and think about Callie and her driving the car her hair blowing in wind. "You are so beautiful," I say to myself. 

Callie's and Manny's POV 
I look up at the ceiling "But Grayson would disapprove.