Jesy had just been listening to all of that. They kissed on a highway? That sounded romantic to her. Damn. She wanted to kiss someone on a highway. She closed her eyes and tried to imagine doing that and the person she saw moving towards her was . . . Leigh-Anne. Eh?

Jesy snapped out of her fantasy and realized that all of her friends were in their cars.

"Jes want a ride home or is your mom on her way?" Ray Ray asked.

"M-my mum's coming but thanks." Jesy looked away and started walking quickly to the school gate. That was weird. Her brain was a strange place wasn't it?

"Perrie let's go!" Jungkook started his engine.

Perrie had been as ready as one could be until she got a message on her phone. "Just a second!"

She pulled the device out while groaning and opened her chat with her mother. What was this woman sending her? Probably details about when I'll be shooting that ad for L'oreal. She honestly couldn't wait for that whole thing to pass. Her mom's excitement for it was annoying. Not that I don't like seeing her happy. I just . . . don't like the idea of doing work.

"Perrie Edwards goes mad over meeting with fellow model Leigh-Anne for another exclusive date." A guy from their school appeared next to her car with his phone out, speaking in a mocking tone. He had some other kids next to him and they were all laughing at this.

"Ah shut up." Perrie was frowning at the message from her mother.

Mam: Vogue wants D's Angels on the cover of an upcoming issue :D

"Huh?" Perrie had to blink a few times to see if what she thought she read was correct.

Me: I'm sorry? Vogue? *wide eyed emoji*

Mam: Yes! The hype continues. Yous are only now going completely viral on TikTok so they'd like to snatch that sensationalism by the balls to attract attention to their magazine.

Mam: And I'll be getting BANK if you girls agree. I think I'm going to trademark D's Angels. What do you think?

Perrie ended up staring ahead.

"Perrie, we're waiting for you to lead the way." Princeton said from his car.

Me: What I think is that this is going waaaaaaay farther than I bargained for. They want all of us on their magazine?

Mam: They'll be releasing different versions with subgroups of you girls on the front. But there will be one with all of you. That's their idea for now but it may change. What do you say?

Mam: Wait is Leigh-Anne still ill?

Me: She's still not one hundred percent. When's this shoot gonna be?

Mam: Some time in March. She should be good by then right?

Me: I don't know but I'll have to talk to you later.

Perrie closed her phone then started driving off.

"Watch it!" Some students from their school had been pretending to be paps by holding up their phones to take pictures of her. They nearly got hit when she started driving just now.

"Serves ya right!" Perrie stuck her tongue out as she kept driving.

The guys laughed in their cars as they drove behind her.

________________

Leigh-Anne was reading one of the books that Marcy had gotten her at her desk that afternoon.