ERIC ATLAS QUINN

"Eric?" Bluebell exclaimed looking at the boy who stood at her door.

He was taller than she remembered, at least two heads taller than her, his hair had also grown a little and the baby fat of his cheeks was gone. He looked more mature and handsome.

Before the boy could answer she leaped and hugged him tightly, almost knocking him off his feet. He hugged back although not as tightly before pulling back.

Eric smiled at her, although it seemed forced and fake. "Hey Blue—" the smile turned into a frown as he looked at her face "what happened to you?"

Bluebell didn't want him to know, or anyone really it was embarrassing "Nothing really, I promise."

"Blue—"

"Nips, you know I'm stupid sometimes, okay? Just leave it." She sighs and moves to the side to let him in her room "Come in."

But before Eric did, a black dot of furr jumped inside the room into Bluebell's arms, the girl had only so much time to catch it. "Wha—"

A familiar meow made her realize what that dot was, she held Mago up with a smile and gave it a hug which caused the cat to purr as Blue patted him softly.

She pulled back looking at the car into his yellow eyes "You've got me so worried you beautiful bastard."

Mago meow again in what Blue can imagine is a yes. She hugged him again before turning to Eric, who had already entered the room closing the door behind him and took a seat on the bed.

"He's very smart." Eric said, smiling at Mago who purred into Bluebell's arms. "He's been here all week with me and had me wondering why he was here."

Bluebell smiled looking down at her cat "Yeah he's— " she frowned realizing what her friend just said "Wait what? You've been here all week?"

Eric looked down, his lips tightly shut, Blue took a good look at him, his usual colorful clothes had changed to dull gray ones, his usually cheerful eyes were sad and tired. It didn't take her much time to realize something was wrong.

Blue put Mago down, who quickly took shelter into the pillows, before looking at Eric in concern while the boy kept looking down at his hands.

"What happened, Nips?" She sat down next to him. "Have you been here all this time?"

When he didn't answer again she grew more concerned, Bluebell kneeled in front of him, his eyes were red, covered in unleashed tears "Eric, what's wrong?"

And with that, sobs began to fall out of the boy's mouth along with tears, Bluebell instantly hugged him tightly which this time he returned, he was hugging her as if she was his life line.

"She's — she's dead." He cried

Dread pooled in Bluebell's stomach. "Who is?"

"My grandma, Blue she- she's... ." He started to sob again, forcing Blue to hug him even tighter. "Oh, Eric. I'm so sorry."

Bluebell felt so bad for him, she knew how much his grandmother meant to him. His grandmother was the one who took him in when he found out he was a wizard when his family didn't want to. The one who had his back.

They hugged for a while, Blue let Eric cry on her shoulders for as long as he needed, she let him grieve.

"Dementia got her. " Eric sniffles, letting go of blue.

Bluebell knew of Dementia, an old man in the apartment building she used to live back when she was five had it. She used to think he was crazy.

"Was she sick for a while?" She asks