The trapdoor [Edited]

Later that night, in the Gryffindor common room Empty. Dark. Two doors ease open. Blue and Lorena slips out from one, Eric and Roman from the other. They creep toward the Pink Lady when —CROAK!—-they freeze. Look. Breath a sigh of relief.

"Fucking Trevor."

Trevor, the toad blinks up at them.

CROAK!

"Trevor! Shut the hell up! Go! You shouldn't be here." Shush Lorena, waving her hand toward the frog.

"Neither should you." Someone said.

They all jump as Neville rises from an armchair. "You're sneaking out again...aren't you?"

"I believe that's none of your business Neville." Said Roman, crossing his arms.

Eric sighs, talking calmly. "Look Neville—"

"No! I won't let you." Said the boy firmly "You'll get Gryffindor in trouble again. I'll- I'll fight you!You were the ones who told me I had to stand up to people!"

Bluebell runs a hand over her hair in exasperation. "This is not the fuckin' time Neville."

Neville raises his fists. Unfortunately, his teddy bear pyjamas somewhat undermine the intended effect.

Bluebell, despite herself, purses her lips in an attempt to stop herself from laughing, but she made eye contact with Roman.

He let out a snort, Bluebell looked down as her shoulders shake with silent laughter.

Lorena rolled her eyes at her friends antics.

Eric sighs "Neville. I'm really, really sorry about this."

He raised his wand "Petrificus Totalus!"

Instantly, Neville's arms and legs snap to his sides. He sway then falls flat only his back, only his eyes moving, staring at
them in horror.

The trio looked at Eric with their mouths open, in a mix of amusement and shock and little horrified too.

"Well, come on then."

They stared after him as he walks away. Blue, Lorena and Roman looked at each other before rushing after him.

The quartet was walking down the third floor corridor. Suddenly, up ahead, Peeves rounds the corner, mumbling to himself as he juggles a trio of apples. Suddenly, he stops, eyes narrowing suspiciously.

"Who's there'? I Know you're there, even if. I can't see you. Are you ghoulie or ghostie or wee student beastie?"

He started flying near them. They looked at each other in panic.

Roman sighs "When I go you run to the door."

Their eyes widen.

"Roman wha—" Eric whispers is interrupted by him.

"We need to distract him to get to the door and I'm willing to sacrifice myself. So when I run you go." Said Roman

They looked at each other and nod.

Roman took a deep breath and left the place they were hiding from and stand in front of Peeves.

"Catch me if you can poor version of a ghost." Taunts Roman before taking off.

Peeves throw the apples to the floor and backpedals frantically, turns, and swoops off the way Roman had left .

Seconds later the trio run toward the door, Blue steps to the chamber before them. Inside, the thrum of music can be heard. Slowly, the girl starts to ease open the door... when...crunch!