Chapter 60

We were invited to spend the week of New Year's Eve in Mom and Cory's guest house in Florida. The five of us packed our suitcases, and left two days after Christmas. This was the first time Sméagol, Déagol, and Gollum had ever traveled on an airplane. Gollum and Déagol were rather excited, but Sméagol was a bit nervous. However, once we'd taken off, he was alright, and enjoyed the flight.

Mom and Cory picked us up at the airport, and took us back to the guest house to unload. Their guest house was right next door to their house. It had five bedrooms, a kitchen, living room, and even a little kitchen upstairs with a fridge, microwave, and a pantry stocked with snacks and drinks. The living room had a flat screen Smart TV, a blu-ray player, and a shelf full of movies. Our bedrooms all had TVs and blu-ray players as well, desks and chairs, an easy chair in the corner, empty dressers, and very soft, comfortable beds. The closets were huge, walk-in closets stocked with plenty of hangers and a laundry basket for our dirty clothes. There was plenty of food and beverages in the downstairs fridge and pantry, as well as decent cutlery and tupperware. It was a very nice house, very comfortable.

We unpacked our belongings. Sméagol helped me with my suitcase, as I had a lot of trouble with the overwhelming amount of pockets and zippers. We all put our things where we wanted them, and decided it would be a good idea to get a nap, as we were all exhausted.

When we awoke, we each took showers, got dressed, and headed over to Mom's for dinner. As soon as we walked through the door, a little white fluffy dog came running towards us, and I backed up a bit. Guys, don't flip out on me. I don't dislike dogs. I love dogs, but I'm a little awkward around them. I get nervous when I think they might jump up on me, because my skin is kinda sensitive. I also don't like being licked, because of my sensory issues. I can't stand any kind of spit, and I also have a very sensitive nose. If there is an odor, I notice it more. My senses are heightened due to my lack of vision, and probably also from being Autistic. Although, this particular dog had no odor, as it was a Toy Poodle. I do like to pet dogs, because they're very soft and fluffy like sweaters.

However, it wasn't me the dog was running towards. It was Sméagol. In response, he immediately knelt down to pet her. "Hi!" he said in an adorable voice. "Who's this precious little poochy-woochy?"

"That's Teresa's dog, Cuddle Muffin," said Mom.

Sméagol's heart melted. "Awwwwwww, Cuddle Muffinses! So cute that is, yes!" Cuddle Muffin snuggled up in Sméagol's arms, and sniffed his sweater.

"Awww, I think she wants you to hold her," said Hayley.

"Awwwww, does Cuddle Muffy-Wuffy want Sméagol to holds her?" Sméagol said in an adorable, loving doggy voice as he gently petted her.

She let out a squeaky little yip to indicate "yes."

Sméagol giggled. "Awwww, come here, Baby." He gently wrapped his arms around her, and picked her up, softly stroking her fluffy coat. "Awwwww, you're a cutie-pie, aren't you, Precious? Yes, you are."

She sniffed Sméagol and licked his face.

He giggled again.

She nuzzled up against his chest.

"Awwwwww, what a sweet little snuggle bunny she is," Sméagol said sweetly. "Pretty doggy, yes, very pretty she is. Very sweet she is." He kissed the top of her head, causing her to let out a happy whine. "Awwwwwwww, Sméagol loves you. Yes, he does, Precious, yes. He loves you vewy, vewy much, he does." He held her close, and continued to stroke and pet her as we all headed into the living room.

Mom smiled at me. "You picked a good guy, Honey," she said.

I returned the smile, and nodded in agreement.