Chapter 10

It was a week before our big choir concert, and we were almost ready, except we still had to shop for outfits to wear. This time, we were not wearing our usual choir uniforms––the black dresses and tuxedos. For this concert, Lucy encouraged individuality, as long as it was dressy. So, Sméagol, Hayley, and I all went to the mall together to find something special.

For me, we found two strapless, floor-length gowns. One was a gorgeous neon green color. The other was pink.

"How do I look?" I asked as I came out of the dressing room in the green gown.

"Like an Irish Disney Princess," said Hayley. "You look so pretty, Cheyenne."

"Oh, so precious you look, my love," Sméagol said breathlessly. "Sméagol loves it."

"Do you like it?"

"Yes," I said passionately, "I really, really like it. I feel like a Celtic Woman in this dress."

Hayley laughed softly. "Well, you look like one."

"Thanks," I said as I went back into the dressing room to try on the pink dress. "How does this look?" I asked as I stood in the doorway.

"Oh, so lovely, my beautiful princess," Sméagol exhaled as he marched over, and planted a kiss on my forehead. "My Celtic angel."

"That is gorgeous," added Hayley. "I think it's better for the spring concert, though, so we'll just get both."

"Are you sure?" I asked hesitantly. "It's not too expensive?"

"Nope, they're only $50, plus 40% off if you buy two."

"Yes!" I squeaked happily.

Hayley also found the perfect gown––a long-sleeved, purple, floor-length gown that zipped up in the front. Yep, that practically screamed Hayley. "How do I look?" she said cheerfully as she came out of the dressing room.

"You look awesome," I said. "That dress is so you."

"Awwww, it looks precious," Sméagol said sweetly. "Sméagol loves the zipper."

Hayley giggled. "Me, too. That's why I picked it."

"You looks beautiful, my precious little baby sister."

"Awwwwwww, Sméagol!" Hayley cried, running to him, and throwing her arms around him. "You sweet little ball of gooey, sugary sweetness, you!"

They both giggled as they squeezed each other.

Then, Hayley turned to me. "Awwwww, I didn't forget you, my wonderful, adorable baby sissy-poo. Come here, Sweetheart!" She threw her arms around me, hugged me tightly, and planted kisses all over my cheeks. "Awwww, I wuv, you, Baby. I wuv you so much." She giggled as she squeezed me tighter.

I didn't want her to let go. I loved when she had her bursts of pure gooey, lovey-mushy energy. However, we both knew we had a little more shopping to do. Sméagol still needed an outfit.

So, we managed to find him a pair of black dress pants with, of course a long zipper in the front. We also found a black, dressy sweater, and yes, it also zipped up in the front, which made Sméagol very happy.

He came out of the dressing room with the biggest smile on his face. "How does Sméagol look, Precious?"

"Awwww, Precious," Hayley replied.

I smiled at him. "Perfect."

Sméagol giggled as he rushed over to hug us. "Awwww, thank you, my precious princesses."

"How does it feel on you?" I asked.

"Very comfy, Precious. Very, very comfy."

"Well, alrighty then," said Hayley. "I guess we're done here."

We paid for our new clothes. Then, we headed for the shoe store to find some dress shoes for Sméagol. It wasn't easy to find shoes that fit him, since his feet were rather large. Hey, they're hobbit feet. What the hell do you expect? However, we finally managed to find a pair that fit him perfectly. He loved the shoes. They were comfortable, and they matched his choir outfit beautifully.