Chapter 3

"Hey, Sméagol?" I said, standing up slowly, being careful not to knock my computer over. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna go talk to Hayley."

"Alright, Precious," Sméagol replied happily.

"If you want, you can watch more choir videos."

"Alright. Sméagol watch videoses."

I grinned. "Be right back." With that, I ran up the stairs to Hayley's room. I knocked on the open door to let her know I was there.

"Come in, Sweetie," Hayley said cheerfully. "I'm just putting some things away."

I tiptoed in, and sat on the bed.

"How you feelin', Sweetie?"

"Much better. Actually, I, uh, decided that I still wanna sing in the choir. I can handle Logan being there."

Hayley smiled at me. "I'm so glad to hear that. I'm glad you're not gonna let him ruin it for you."

"I actually showed Sméagol some videos, and he said he wants to join, too."

Hayley gasped excitedly. "That's awesome news!"

"Do you think everyone'll like him?"

"Uh, hell yeah, especially when they hear him sing. People will be begging him to try out for a solo."

"That's what I told him."

"Oh, speaking of Sméagol, I found something while I was at the mall today." Hayley reached for one of her bags, and pulled out a large doll, almost identical to the Sméagol doll she found a few months back.

"Another Sméagol doll?"

"Actually, this one is Gollum."

I suddenly became very excited. "Oh, my... So, does that mean... the elves found Gollum's spirit, too?"

Hayley smiled. "I think so. Awww, look at him. He looks so unhappy. Poor baby." She kissed his forehead. "Don't worry, Sweetie," she said. "You're in good hands now."

Then, I remembered how Sméagol struggled with forgiving him, and I became a bit worried. "Um... I'm kinda worried about how Sméagol's gonna react, though. I know he still resents him."

"I know, but look how far he's come already. Today, he told me he's now forgiven all those nasty orcs and the elves that tortured him. I think he's very, very close to forgiving Gollum. I know he wants to. I think he'll handle it alright. Maybe this is the push he needs, and maybe they're sending Gollum here to redeem himself and reconcile with Sméagol."

"I think that can happen. It would be awesome to be able to finally show him what love and friendship is. How do you think he'll take it?"

"It might be hard for him to accept it at first, because nobody has ever, ever shown him any love. But, I saw good in his heart. He has a kind side, too, and he deserves to be loved."

I nodded. "I totally agree. Can I hug him, please?"

"Aww, of course. Here you go." Hayley handed me the Gollum doll.

I wrapped the doll's arms around me, and snuggled him. "Don't worry, Gollum. You have friends now. We got your back."

"Awwwwww!" Hayley cried. "Look at his face! He actually looks a little happier now."

I looked at Gollum's face, and his sadness seemed to disappear a little.

"Come here, Sweetie." Hayley wrapped her arms around the doll, and planted a little kiss on his cheek. "You're not a bad guy, Gollum. You're a good guy." She looked at his face again, and his eyes almost seemed to sparkle. She laid him down on the bed, and put a fuzzy blanket over his body. Then, she turned back to me. "So, how was your evening with Sméagol?"

I blushed and beamed. "We had sex!" I squeaked.

Hayley squealed. "Oh, my goodness! How was it?"

"It was amazing! Holy shit!"

"Better than Logan?"

"Oh, hell yeah, and he said he's never done it before. Well, he sure knew what he was doing." I giggled and blushed like a schoolgirl.