Who's the smug one now? (31)

He made the car roar again before we went zooming towards the gate at 100 miles an hour. The guys still stood there and Lucas wasn't slowing down. The gate came closer and closer and so did the guys.

"LUCAS!" I screamed as we were about to smash into them at the last second two jumped to the left and two jumped to the right and one jumped on the car before tumbling off. I looked behind us and he was laying on the floor and the other guys helped him up. We rammed straight into the old rusty gate and it burst open. I let out a slight scream and Lucas smirked pressing down the pedal more.

"FOR GOD SAKE LUCAS SLOW DOWN!" I whimpered but he kept his smirk on and didn't slow until we were far away from the place. He just kept going straight. I don't think he knew where we were but he kept going anyway.

After a while, we made it to a highway and my eyes landed on the LA sign, so we knew roughly where we were and after about an hour of driving we finally made it back into themes Valley then I realized. We were heading for the police station. IN A STOLEN CAR WITH A MAN IN THE BOOT.

That's really smart.

We parked at a cafe near the police station and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"Im never getting in a car with you again," I stutter breathlessly.

"Good luck getting home then." He smirked.

"Here put this on," Lucas instructed handing me a black mask that he pulled out from the glove compartment of the car. The mask covered everything but the eyes.

"Question," I mumble twiddling with the mask in my hands.

"What?" Lucas asked as he slammed the car door shut.

"If we hand Vito over the police and he knows who you are, what's to stop him ratting you out?"

"Oh he wouldn't do that, The echos know a lot about the mafia and he knows if we do get caught we will spill our guts and put them all at risk."

"But if he's already in Jail why would he care?"

"Well one, because they are like family and two." He paused putting on his mask. "The minute he joined the mafia he was sworn to secrecy of any information that could potentially endanger them, if he breaks that, that will track him down and kill him."

What a caring family.

Lucas grabbed Vito out of the boot. He was awake now but too out of it to fight back. He lugged him to the police station and my job was to keep watch, if we saw anyone passing we would put Vito down and lean against him like he was our drunken friend, hiding his bleeding gash after 10 minutes we made it to the police station where cameras pointed directly towards us. Lucas quickly threw Vito on the floor and we began to walk away heading back to the car.

"Put your hands up!" A voice shouted and we looked over to find a policeman had spotted us. He was slowly walking out of the station holding a gun up.

Lucas passed me a gun behind our backs. Even though he knew I wouldn't fire it. I shoved it in my back pocket and put my hands up and eyed Lucas to do the same, his lips pressed together in a frustrated line but did the same.

Police officers started pouring out of the police station one by one and Lucas's eyes darted over to me with each one, Then the last two surprised me. There was one man whose badge read chief of police. But that wasn't what surprised me. His face was similar. I had seen him before.

The last person to come out was Leo. He seemed pretty chill like he knew we would come back and that this was all planned out.

Before we knew it we were surrounded and Leo had a smug look on his face. There were easily over 30 police officers all with their guns up at us, we were surrounded like deer being circled by a pack of wolves. Leo nodded at the chief police before coming closer to us.

"So we finally caught some members," Leo chimed with a smirk on his face in victory.

I just rolled my eyes.

Talk about cocky.

"Oh look. Here is the female. I wonder who is behind this mask." Leo took a step closer to me and Lucas stepped in front of me, glaring at Leo.

"Oh protective I see," He nodded with a thinking face. "Interesting."

Leo leaned past Lucas to take another look at me. "You know. I swear I've seen those eyes before," He said and Lucas stepped in front of him again.

"Oh, and you," Leo said with a smug on his face glaring at Lucas. "You always come here don't you? You're the one your leader sends to do his dirty work." He asks.

This idiot isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

We both stay silent. Everyone was aware of the fact that we are cooperating I'm pretty sure that's the only reason Leo hasn't tried to take off our masks. Because if we decide to fight back in self-defence that won't be good for anyone.

"Cmon, give me more than that. Say something won't you? Or I might just have to look under those masks for that information." He threatens.

Oh god think fast.

I look around and see that the chief police is close to me and without thinking I just pulled out my gun and pointed it at him. Everyone was no longer pointing at both me and Lucas they were all pointing at me.

"Do anything I don't like and I will shoot!" I shouted.

Of course, I wasn't going to. I would never but they didn't know that. Leo wanted me to say something and I did and the best part about it was my voice was pretty muffled by the mask. So he really couldn't tell it was me.

Leo clenched his jaw.

Oh yeah, the chief is his uncle, right? Look at that, he's not as strong as he thinks. Who's the smug one now Leo?

-------------------------------------------------------

Author here! Are they going to get arrested?! Is Leo gonna find out who they are?! Guess we will find out!

If you enjoyed please feel free to vote.

Comment if you wish to let me know your thoughts!