You're so dramatic. (27)

*Jess p.o.v*

"Punch" He shouted and I quickly punched forward, he pushed my hand to the side blocking my punch.

"Again."

I threw my other hand forward towards him and he pushed it away again with the back of his arm and then he went for a punch at me and I pushed his arm away as he had done to mine.

"Well done." Lucas congratulated me.

"Now kicks, "He demanded and I nodded.

I got ready and quickly lifted my leg about to strike him on the side but before I could I lost balance and stumbled back a bit before closing my eyes, I was about to fall.

Welp R.I.P me. This is how I die.

I've survived people shooting at me, a knife being held to me, a gun being held to me, but this?

This is the end.

Before I knew it I was falling and it all went in slow motion, my hair was being pushed up by gravity as I got closer to the ground and just as I was about to hit the floor and die a horrible death I found myself in strong sturdy arms. Catching me and cushioning my fall.

I opened my eyes again to find Lucas looking down at me in his arms, our mouths so close I could feel his warm breath on my cheek as we both struggled for air. Smiles tugging at the ends of our mouths his showing his dimples.

Seeing him smile like that, a genuine, sincere smile made my breath a little shallower and the feeling in the pit of my stomach like ants running around inside of me amplify. I hadn't moved from his arms, even if I wanted to my heart left me limp there, my skin burned where he clutched to my waist.

"Thank god I thought I was going to die." I laughed breathlessly, trying to distract myself from the glee in my head.

"Your so dramatic," He chuckled deeply still holding me in his arms looking down on me.

Suddenly the door flew open.

"Yo bro, how's it goi- oh, Uh I can come back," Hunter snorted.

Lucas dropped me as quickly as he caught me and I landed on the hard floor with a harsh thump.

I sat up.

"HEY!"

"Sorry, you just slipped out I don't know what happened." He smirked scuttering off to hang out with Hunter the feeling in my stomach was replaced by an achy back.

I started to take off my combat gloves and Hunter started talking.

"I just came to let you know that it looks like there won't be any run-ins with the mafia cause Liam's been locked out of their system so we don't know where they're gonna be, it will take him a couple of days to get back in," He informed Lucas.

"Well, It's fine I'm taking this time to train Jess anyway." Lucas shrugged.

"Training?" Hunter smirked. "Okay then.If that's what you call training." He snorted.

"Oh shut up! Come on, let's go" Lucas grabbed my hand sending sparks running up my arm again and guiding me to the elevator.

"Go where?" I asked confused.

He didn't answer me for a second he just led me in the elevator and let go of my hand pressing the buttons for us to go down. The elevator door shut and Lucas looked at me with a smile that showed his dimples.

"I still owe you a frap." He laughed.

"Ah, Yes, The frappucino, The way to a girls heart." I laughed. "Also seen as you finally let me get my car can I drive?"

"Uh. I don't know, I don't wanna be in the car with you when you run someone over..." He commented half-joking half-serious.

"Hey! That was one time and it's not my fault you walked in front of my car!"

"Calm down I'm joking, But can I drive cause I wanna show you something after," He said and the elevator binged open.

Show me something? Very unlucas like but okay...

"What do you wanna show me?" I asked and we walked to his car.

"It's a surprise," He explained opening the passenger seat for me. I cocked my eyebrow up in suspicion.

"Okay then." I gave up.

He never stopped, wasn't the type to catch a break or do anything without a thought out plan behind it, so what could he possibly want from me that he has to butter me up so much he would take me out for a drink?

We bickered the whole car journey but when we finally pulled up at Starbucks, Lucas brought me a yummy choco-chip cookie frap, so maybe it was worth it.

"Thank you," I chirped before taking a slurp of my frap.

"It's fine." He smirked, "I owed you, so." He shrugged and we were silent for a second. "You know I've never tried a frap before..." He mentioned watching me sip it from the straw.

"Oh yeah?" I asked. "You're really missing out." I gloated.

What happened to "iTs jUsT a FaNcY mIlKsHaKe."

"Can I try some?"He asked.

"Hmmm...Im not sure fancy milkshakes are your thing." I teased and he glared at me. "Im kidding! Geez, you're like a grouchy puppy dog who growls when he doesn't get a treat." I grumbled shoving it into his hands and he lit up. "Just a sip," I warned him with my eyes.

My fraps are precious.

He nodded and took a little sip. He didn't say anything for a second he just swallowed and thought.

"Mmm, That's good," He nodded before looking back at Starbucks.

"I know right," I grinned taking it back.

"Give me a sec," He mumbled before quickly running into Starbucks and buying another one for himself.

"Okay, You ready to see that thing?" He asked.

"Ready as I will ever be."

What could Lucas Allard possibly want to show me? A secret Mafia base? A shooting range?

————————————————————————

Hey, the author here, not sure anyone's even reading but I'm burning out for passion :/

It's sad when you put so much time, energy and passion into something and it doesn't receive much interest as you would like.

I would really appreciate any tips to make my writing better or be sure to tell me what you think! A comment or two really helps I would love to hear my readers thoughts.

Lastly, be sure to vote!

Thank you if you're still reading <3