I took it. (73)

I've got him now. It's all over for him. This is my perfect victory. That's right, I win.

A smirk tugged at the end of my lips and I can't help but laugh to myself.

His expression is blank, unreadable and he knows it.

"20!" I shout and slam down my 10 added to my other 10. Almost a perfect 21.

Gray's face flinched a little as a glare came through his eyes and he looked back down at his card his jaw tightly clenched.

he already had 19 down if he was going to beat me he would have to have exactly a 2.

He slowly placed down the card in his hand and the tension in my skin rose. "Bust." He groaned as he put down a 4.

"HA! SUCKERR!!!" I burst out laughing. "So what is that? 4 to 5? looks like I win."

"Yeah, whatever." He rolled his eyes. "This is a stupid game anyway."

"Sore loser," I muttered under my breath and Gray's head shot up glaring straight at me.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing."

He just laughed and shook his head getting up and tucking in his chair behind him.

"I won so does that mean I get to go see Lucas?" I grinned.

"Woah slow down, love." He rose his eyebrow. "When did I say that?"

"Well, I just fi-"

"How about this?" He cut me off. "You do something for me, prove that you are trustworthy... And I'll let you see him."He proposed and I couldn't help the flicker of hope that sparked in me. Until I noticed the hidden smug smile tugging at his lips.

After a long talk with my father yesterday, trying to convince him I was going to join their side Gray walked me back, and we both acted like nothing happened before, though I could feel the slight distance in the air between us.

"What do you want me to do?"

Without further explanation, he grabbed my arm and we rushed out of the room pulling me along, his hand tightly gripped around my wrist.

And in the rush of it all, we bumped straight into Hunter on his way to my room for his shift.

"Woah hold up were are you taking her?" Hunter asked his hand stopping Gray in his tracks.

"Congrats mate you get another hour break. Enjoy." He said patting him on the shoulder before we continued.

Hunter's face was plastered with confusion but we dispersed before he could make a fuss.

By the end of it, we had passed empty and full hallways until we came to a room. I recognised it and the memories flushed back into my head.

"Why are we here?" I swallowed hoping I didn't look as tense as I felt.

"Well. If you're going to be one of us. Certain things come with the job and I'm not like Lucas. I won't shield you from it." He said letting go of me and starting to unlock the door.

I was surprised he let go and his eyes weren't even on me. I suppose I couldn't really run away though. Where would I go? This place is crawling with guys.

It clicked open and the darkness from the room crept into me.

"Ladies first." He smirked opening the door for me to go in.

I took a deep breath and walked into the darkness before looking behind me to see Gray turn on the lights and I could see it all again.

We were in the room where Gray tortured Lucas. I turned back to the room. To where Lucas had been to find someone else there now.

Someone I hadn't seen in a while.

Max.

My heart sank into my stomach as chills ran down my spine.

He looked surprisingly okay. When he saw me his face lit up like he knew now everything was going to be fine. I only wish that was the case.

"We caught a couple of your boyfriend's little dogs a while ago thanks to Hunter. But you and Lucas weren't there so we left the rest." Gray snarled glaring at Max as Max glared back.

"He's a good fighter though, really. He could be useful to us all your little boy toys could be." He says and that familiar feeling towards him came back. The hatred.

Without saying a word he took a knife out of his pocket. "Or he could die." His husky English accent filled the room with malicious intent and it made me hold my breath, he knew he freaked me out. But at this point, I was sure he enjoyed it.

He watched me as I stood there tense, a little terror running through me and a smile tugged at his perfect lips.

"But today isn't that day." He shrugged. "Anyway, we went to Lucas's apartment complex to find that Liam has just poof! Disappeared. Almost as if he somehow knew and I'm wondering how. Not to mention that Jack has also vanished and considering he doesn't even talk to you lot anymore that's worrying. I mean we wouldn't want them alerting any of the authorities that you're missing." He swung the knife around like a toy his eyes following it like the blade was a beautiful ribbon before he held it out to me.

"Get it out of him." His eyes were cold and misty.

"What?"

"Do you really think they wouldn't have some backup plan in case anything happens? He knows something, and you, love, are going to find out what it is." A smirk tugged at his lips.

"Gray, he's my friend."

"And Lucas is your boyfriend."

"No. I won't do it." I shook my head and he dropped his hand down.

"Oh well, guess you won't be seeing Lucas." He shrugged before walking off twidling the knife between his fingers.

I looked over at Max's desperate face. I had never seen him like this. He was always the tough one. The one you didn't want to piss around with and now here he was on his knees. Not a single word had come out of his mouth.

And then the memory flashed in my head. Lucas. Defeated and drenched in blood as it slowly dripped on the floor. Screaming, shouting. I wanted Gray to stop.

He took advantage that I couldn't fight back, that I couldn't help Lucas no matter how much I wanted to.

I loathed Gray for that and I was going to make him pay.

20,40. The promise I made that day. If I don't do this it will never happen.

"Wait," I shouted my eyes still locked on Max as his expression changed with my words. I wasn't even sure if Gray was still in the room but I said it anyway. "I'll do it." I spat the words out like poison as I watched the hope drain out of Max's pain stained eyes.

I remember the day I met Max. I wonder what he would have thought of me then if he knew one day I would end up doing this to him.

"Glad you came to your senses, love." A voice said smugly from the end of the room before walking over to me and holding out the knife once again.

This time, I took it.