Yep, nerd (5)

Silence pierced my ears and sizzled in the classroom around us, I kept my eyes glued to the work, writing as quickly as I could, the sooner I could get out of here, the better. I hated being this close to him. I hated being near him at all.

"She's finally gone." A voiced grumbled and I looked to my side, Lucas was back with his head towards the window, looking at the bushes and the sun outside, the leaves as they swayed a little in the breeze.

"What?"

He turned around to face me." I said she's fi-"

"Yeh, yeh I know what you said." I cut him off. Not bothered to listen to him talk any longer. If he showed no kindness to me before, I didn't have the energy to show him any.

"Then why did you ask?"

"Look, I want to get my work done so I can get out of here so if you don't mind could you leave me alone, please." I whined trying to keep my gaze on the paper in front of me.

I don't understand how he can be so rude one minute and friendly the next.

He was trying to get under my skin, I knew that, so I willed myself to write and then I noticed from the corner of my eye that he was leaning back in his chair now with his hands behind his head.

"I can't believe you would be so rude to the person you got into detention." He chimed mockingly and my skin pricked.

"It was your choice to do what you did. I had nothing to do with it, remember?"

"Wow okay, next time I won't stick up for you then. I'm starting to realize why people don't."

His words hit me like a smack in the face and my hand froze, refusing to move the pen in my hand as I swallowed, a sick feeling lingering in my throat.

"No. I'm grateful, thank you. It made me happy, your right no one stands up for me."

He stopped leaning on his chair and sat forward his expression changed. He was no longer smug. Though now it was unreadable, like it often was.

He leaned in on the desk, his arms crumpling the paper underneath them. "It's nothing, Kon was just being a dick." He stated coldly, again as if it was more for himself than me, but I let it go. "Someone had to stand up to him, you certainly don't." He smirked now, I looked at him and the light from the window shone down on him. A few strands of his hair were in his face. And he smiled pushing them out the way with his hand. I could see his dimples again. "You know your gonna inflate his ego if you let him treat you like that?"

"Well, I guess I inflate everyone's ego then, including yours." He commented and he chuckled a little.

"You're not afraid of me, are you?" He asked, intrigued, leaning a little closer as if we were sharing a secret but my chest jumped a little.

"Please why would I be afraid of you?" I scoffed.

While it was true, he was a little frightening earlier, right now he just seemed normal, average, not scary in the slightest, a much nicer side to him.

"You haven't heard the rumors?"

"Everyone has but they're just that. Rumors. People start rumors about me all the time." I shrugged.

He laughed dryly. "They aren't just rumors."

"What are you saying?" I laughed back trying to conceal my surprise, it was clearly a joke.

"They're all true." He stated plainly and a shiver ran down my spine.

There is no way they are true.