Stop. (64)

I couldn't open my eyes. Scared if I did I would see the PC that hold told me all the things I wish I didn't know. It would have been so much easier had I not known.

But I did.

So I sat there back against the wall eyes shut, surrounded in darkness as the hours went by with nothing but my own company to keep me sane.

The thought that my dad could really be dead after all sparked in my head, but the memory of what I had read silenced those thoughts.

Sometimes I couldn't help but imagine the awful things that happened to them.

Things flashed in my head as if I was there. But I had no right. I had no right to be traumatised, I wasn't the one who went through it.

But finally, after what seemed like forever, I heard the door unlock. But I still couldn't bring myself to open my eyes. Part of it was because I was scared of who would be standing there if I did.

I knew if it was Adrastus I would be sick, the only person I wanted it to be I knew it wasn't.

The door opened and it was silent for a few seconds.

I had my head tucked away in my arms, still crawled up against the wall.

Footsteps came towards me and my heartbeat quickened. They were heavy yet gentle. As if whoever it was was cautious. Not quite sure what to do.

Then they stopped, the floor creaking in front of me.

"It's time to go, love."

My head shot up seeing Gray standing in front of me. His eyes were soft but his face was cold as if, if there was any compassion inside of him he was trying his best to hide it.

I hadn't even noticed the tears streaming down my face. But when he saw them his expression flickered a little as he looked down at me.

"I have to take you to your room." He swallowed his jaw sharp and tightened as if he couldn't breathe.

I opened my mouth. Trying to find the words, trying to say anything, but I couldn't.

He took a deep shallow breath and sat down next to me leaning against the wall like he was exhausted as he looked up at the ceiling while his dark eyes had a glazed look over them.

"Guessing you saw something you didn't like."

I nodded my head a little and he looked over to me, it seemed the burning fire that flickered in his eyes was duller how less vile and hateful.

"What was it?"

"Do you know who Sue Manranca is?" I mumbled looking down at the floor.

He was silent for a minute, thinking. "I don't think so."

"She was one of your sex slaves." I spat bluntly. "Of course, you don't even know her name."

His expression changed, what was compassion and a gentle side to him turned to an awful scary person, like he could snap me in half right there and then. His fists tightened but he still said nothing, the only response I got was his stone-cold face.

"She died cause one of the creeps you sold her to beat her shitless." I felt my eyes sting again.

He stood back up. Looking back down on me. "I don't know her name because I don't do that shit." He growled His eyes blazing.

I rose my eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Don't put me with them. I have nothing to do with the trafficking I told them how much I loathe it. But I was born into this. I never had a choice."