Chapter 26

I ARISED WITHOUT HIM BY MY SIDE. Eyes roamed around the room. The emptiness of the room weighed heavily on my heart, and I couldn't help but feel a deep longing for him.

Suddenly, a telephone rang on the nightstand. I answered it.

"Yes?"

"Zandra! H-help us! H-help me! P-please, Zandra! My child!" A woman is crying.

Her voice is familiar to me. "Hello?" I tried to analyze everything. "Zandra, it's me. P-please, listen carefully. H-help us here! H-he is k-killing us. He is psychopath! He is devil-"

"Alright! That's enough-No! It's fucking enough! A-ahhh!" I heard the sound of someone hitting with an open hand.

It's pure chaos. "Wait? Terick!"

"You're indeed intelligent, baby!" He said sounded pleased. I can already feel that he is smirking on the phone. "Your fucking husband is insane." He chuckled. "He traces me. Trace, trace, and fucking identify. What's that? Is he an animal? Specifically, a dog?" He burst out laughing.

"What do you want!? I'm damned done with this, Terick! Tell me! Goddamn, tell me!" I furiously barked. My voice echoed through the room, my anger bubbling and rising with each passing second.

"Oh! Easy. Go easy on me, Zand," trying to play a game.

"Don't call me that! We are bloody done! Now tell me! What do you need from me!?" My patience was gone, and I demanded that he tell me what he needed from me.

"You're being impatient, Zandra. These people might suspect that I'm the poison in your drink." He hissed. "Am I the only one who misses you to the bone?" letting out a deep sigh, feeling exasperated.

Zandra remained silent, her face a mixture of emotions as she let his words sink in. She's pretended not to hear any of his lies. "C'mon, Zand. I know you do; just admit it." He is so full of himself. "Terick!" I yelled.

"You wanna save them, right?" His tone changes fast. "Remember the paper you just crumpled? Think again about the location." My feet hurriedly find the paper that he gave me weeks ago. The bags I used at the previous encounter. I examined each one.

"And if you found it, meet me there with only you." Desperately, I searched my surroundings for any signs of the paper he had given me.

"I love you, my Zandra." His last words before he ended the call. I ran around my room, looking for anything that could help me find the paper.

Suddenly, I remembered throwing it in the hallway of the school. With a sudden sense of urgency, I rushed out the door and drove to the school.

As I pulled into the school parking lot, I felt a surge of relief as I saw my paper crumpled up on the hallway floor. "Thank God." I softly said.

I opened it and saw the words.

Rooftop of the school