'Didn't he say anything?' Louise questioned.

'I opened the door. He was standing there and then ... he fell,' she replied. The sequence of events she described was true except she omitted to relay the only words he had uttered.

Suspiciously, they continued exchanging curious glances between Savannah and the inebriated form of their employer lying on Savannah's floor, but Savannah was not offering any information.

'Guys, please help me get him onto the settee,' Savannah pleaded. She did not want Ross in her bedroom or in any bed in her apartment for that matter. She needed him to sober up very quickly and leave.

'How do you sober up a sleeping drunk person?' she groaned aloud.

'Black coffee,' Louise suggested.

'He's passed out!' Savannah exclaimed a trifle irritatedly.

'Sorry,' Louise mumbled.

'Why is he here?' Jodie again exclaimed curiously.

Savannah silently cursed Ross's inopportune timing. 'I haven't seen him since I returned from Miami,' Savannah sighed silently.
Yes he came and saw me in Miami, but I can't talk about that.

'Well, this puts a damper on things. I'm calling it a night,' Louise sighed.

'I guess, I'll say good night too,' Jodie added.

'No! You guys can't leave me alone with him.'

Both girls laughed. 'Savannah he's not a stranger,' Jodie grinned. 'Besides, you have nothing to be afraid of, he's Ross Templeton.'

You wanna bet!

'I'm sure when he wakes up with a massive hangover, he's going to remember why he knocked on your door,' Louise smiled, 'probably wants to offer you, your job again. Do you know he's fired the third p.a. the agency sent?'

Savannah was shocked. She had not known that. She had deliberately steered away from the happenings of the Templeton Company. She had not wanted to know that another secretary had walked into her job... her old job and had blown Ross away with her super efficiency.

The ladies refused to stay. They left Savannah on her own.
Damn fine friends they are!

She paced around from her bedroom to her lounge. She tried waking Ross up. He slept like a dead dodo. After an hour Savannah returned and threw a cover over Ross. He slept quietly, breathing softly. She tapped him on the shoulder again, whispered softly offering him coffee, but he did not move or respond.

Hello! Tomorrow is Friday. You need to go to your office. I have classes. What the hell were you thinking arriving drunk on my doorstep?

It was getting late, Savannah needed to get some sleep or she would be falling asleep in the classroom. What was she going to do about her ex-boss in her lounge. She showered, slept in her woolly pyjamas and her gown and set her alarm to get her up fifteen minutes earlier than she normally did. Over and over, the image of Ross at her door raked her memory. His words before he passed out were like music to her ears. Could she believe it? Dare she hope? She thought she would not fall asleep, but astonishingly, she slept like a baby. She opened her door softly, peeped on the settee. Ross was still there in exactly the same position she'd left him in last night. He was still breathing softly, so she hurried into the shower, brushed her teeth and came out. She tiptoed to the settee.

'Ross,' she gently placed her hand on his shoulder. She quickly stepped back when he stirred.

The morning after the night before...will he remember what he had said last night?