Before everything that happened

I was 8. I was in the car with my mother. A car smashed into us and we fell off a bridge. At first neither of died. The two of us were on our way actually a short distance away from seeing Justin and the rest of the family. We were invited for dinner. Justin and I met almost immediately when we were very young. We were the best of friends. My mother said she was gonna go on a trip for business. Pattie volunteered for me to stay with them.

She was hesitate at first since my mother knew she knew that she just went through a divorce and had taken Justin to go meet his new little sister. We got into the car. All of the authorities had come to find us. Myself and my mother were taken to the hospital. I made it through. My mother not so much, I was the last one to see her alive.

That's probably why everyone thinks its my fault she's gone. We moved out to Kansas, far away from life as we know it. My father became drunk. Started to beat me. No one knew what happened at home. As far as the world knew everything was perfectly fine. At school I constantly got bullied, but no one cared. And now that was 7 years ago. It was my freshmen year of high school.

Aside from my grandmother was my BFF Athena that cared about me. Farrah Jade is my name. Now I'm also dating a guy that abuses me, but that is a story for a different later chapter.