Chapter 43: Grale

Ashton Grale Buenavista

Grale parked his car at the hospital's parking lot. Kinuha niya na ang bouquet ng bulaklak at isinara na ang pinto ng kotse. Ang amoy kaagad ng ospital at maliwanag na mga ilaw ang bumati kay Grale pagpasok niya ng ospital. Sinalubong rin siya ng mga ngiti galing sa mga nurses na nadadaanan niya sa hallway. Ngiti at tango lang rin ang sinagot niya sa mga ito. It's been days since Majarlika was admitted in the hospital and today's the day they will get to hear the results of all the tests that were administered to her.

"Good morning, Sir Grale!" Bati sa kanya ng mga nurses sa nurse's station na malapit lang sa private room mismo ng nobya.

"Good morning, Vicky, Daisy," he greeted back.

Huminto si Grale sa harap ng isang pinto at dahan-dahan itong binuksan. He poke his head first and saw his girl sitting on her bed with the white sheet falling down her waist covering her until to her toes. Nakasandal ito at nakatutok ang mga mata sa flat screen TV sa pader.

Nilakihan na niya ang pagbukas sa pinto na siyang nagpalingon sa kanyang nobya. A smile immediately formed her lips as her eyes sparkled by just seeing him.

"Good morning, beautiful," he dropped a kiss on her forehead and then handed her the bouquet of flowers.

"May flowers ulit?"

"Because flowers are a pretty thing and you're a pretty girl," he chuckled and picked the white blanket. Majarlika instantly scooped a little on the other side to make space for him.

"Kumusta yung meeting mo? Is everything okay?"

He kissed the blade of her shoulder. "Yeah. The management already freezed all my pending projects and thankfully the brands cooperated respectfully. Also, I already gave them my decision regarding the teleserye."

Majarlika intertwined their fingers together. "Pero sure ka na ba 'yon ang gusto mo? You know I'll be fine, Grale."

"I've never been this sure my whole life, Maj," he replied. "Isa pa, I've been in the industry my whole life so I think I'd just use this time an opportunity, too, to have my rest away from cameras."

"I don't think you'd actually get your rest if you need to take care of me, Grale," she sighed.

He glanced at her and chuckled. "What are you talking about? You're my rest, baby."

"Nambola ka na naman," irap nito.

He just laughed and pulled her closer. "It's the truth, though."

Gumalaw ang nobya para tingalain siya. "Thank you sa flowers."

"Anything for you," he kissed her hair. "Where's tita and tito, by the way?"

"Lumabas na yung result ng mga tests ko at gusto muna raw silang kausapin ni Doc Venson before he goes directly to me," she replied.

The beating of his heart changed. "Is that... a bad thing?"

She shrugged. "It's actually always like that. Sila muna ang mag uusap bago nila sasabihin sa akin kung ano talaga ang lagay ko."

Grale nodded, moving a little to look down at her. "But are you okay? Do you feel anything weird or any pain somewhere your body?"

She smiled, shaking her head. "I'm fine, Grale. Gusto ko na nga lumabas kasi may klase pa ako."

"Don't think about that right now, Maj. What's more important is for you to be okay. School can wait."

"But I want to graduate on time, Grale," she replied, sadness lingering in her voice. "Sayang lahat ng efforts ko kung hindi ko matatapos 'tong school year na 'to. Three months na lang."