Chapter 29: Grale

Ashton Grale Buenavista

"Saan mo gustong ilagay ko 'to?"

Grale turned to Cora who just showed up from the door carrying a tower of boxes and other paper bags.

"Galing sa mga fans mo," she followed.

"Just put them over there, Cora," he replied, pointing to a corner near his stuff. Mula sa salamin, nakikita niya si Cora na naglalakad sa likuran habang inaayos ni Beka ang buhok niya.

Today is the start of his road tour together with Elisse. Nasa loob siya at ang buo niyang team sa kanyang dressing room habang ito naman ay nasa kabilang room lang. In an hour the show will start. They've prepared for this for two weeks and he just wants everything to go according to their plan. They will dance, sing, and interact with their fans. Isa rin itong paraan para mabigyan ang mga tao ng thrill sa paparating na movie nila next month.

"Ano ba 'tong phone mo?" That made him look at Cora in the mirror again. Hawak nito ang cellphone niya. "Kanina pa ring nang ring, kapag naman sinagot ko wala namang nagsasalita."

"Let me see," inilahad niya ang kamay. Kahit may ideya na siya ay hindi pa rin naiwasan ni Grale ang mapabuntong hininga.

Of course he knew the number. It was Thea's.

Cora perhaps noticed his reaction because she asked, "Kilala mo?"

"No," he replied shortly, making sure she wouldn't notice his sudden change of mood. Hindi na rin niya binalik ang cellphone kay Cora at isiniksik na lang sa bulsa ng puting pants.

"I-block mo para hindi na tawag nang tawag," she stated nonchalantly and just returned from fixing his things.

He sighed in his mind. Yes, he deleted Thea's number. But who is he fooling here? He still has it memorized in his darn head. He admits it, he wanted to press the green button sometimes and know why she keeps on calling him. But everytime it slips his mind, the image of his lovely Majarlika just appears and instantly he'd feel guilty.

Alam niya na pwede naman niyang sagutin ang tawa. Majarlika already knew that Thea's been calling him like crazy, but then again there's something that's pulling him away from doing it. Sometimes it's guilt, but most of the time it's his big respect for his girlfriend.

This is Majarlika's first relationship, he is her first in almost everything now, and he doesn't want to do something that could disappoint her. Wala namang expectation sa kanya ito and that even gives him more reason why he shouldn't do anything that may possibly hurt her.

The simple idea of making her sad is already a dagger in his chest.

He felt the phone vibrating again inside his pants. He fished it out thinking it was Thea who's calling him again but then he got it wrong.

A grin formed his lips as he slid the green button.

"Good luck!" Majarlika's sweet voice made him bite his lip.

"Thanks, baby," he replied. "You're not busy?"

"May arrival ng VIP ngayon. I just called to say good luck to you. I know you've been doing this for so long, but still, I want to cheer you on," a series of small laughs followed.

Grale chuckled. "You seem very happy. Let me guess, either you just finished a book or you're currently eating Clementine's pastries."

Majarlika laughed and fuck the hell coz her laughter turns him on. He suddenly wished he could see it live. "Am I that happy when I read and eat?"

"Babe, your eyes glow differently when you do both," he replied. "Oh wait, there's actually one more thing that makes you even happier.'

"Ano naman?"