Chapter 25: Grale

Ashton Grale Buenavista

Grale couldn't stop taking glances at Majarlika sitting beside him. He was already holding her hand yet it feels like it wasn't enough. 

They haven't seen each other for nearly three weeks. Hindi rin ganun kaganda ang tawagan nilang dalawa dahil madalas saglit lang ito o minsan naman ay hindi na nasasagot dahil pareho silang busy. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked when the car stopped for a stoplight.

"Nothing," he grinned. 

"Yung totoo, Grale?"

He gave her a short glance. "I just realized that this is the first time I've seen you in pants."

She blinked. "Oh yeah. Ngayon mo lang pala ako sinundo sa univ."

"It suits you."

"Really?" She smiled. "Should I wear pants more often then?"

"Kung gusto mo then bakit hindi. Though, I still prefer you in dresses and skirts, Maj," he glanced at her and smiled. 

"Why?"

"It suits you better. And I think, mas kumportable ka sa ganoong pananamit mo."

Majarlika just smiled, squeezing their entwined hands. "Akala ko may taping ka ngayon? Hindi ba 'to makakaapekto sa schedule mo?"

"It was cancelled at the last minute. The first thing that came into my mind was to see you."

"Hindi ba mas maganda kung umuwi ka na lang at nagpahinga?"

He glanced at her and smiled. "Nakauwi na ako, Maj. Sayo."

Her lips parted. She was speechless for the time being. 

"You are my favorite rest, Majarlika. Kaya kung may pagkakataon, palagi akong uuwi sayo," he continued. 

To his surprise, Majarlika pressed her seatbelt and fastly moved closer to him. She embraced him from the side and dipped her head on his shoulders. 

He chuckled. "Hey, babe. Hindi ako aalis. Calm down."

"I was having very busy weeks. Akala ko kontrolado ko pa lahat since I always like being in control of everything, but when I heard your voice…" she heaved a sigh. "I realized I just needed to see you, Grale. That I badly  missed you. Kahit saglit lang..."

His heart fondles with the way Majarlika said those words.

"I'm here now, Angel." He kissed the back of her palm. 

She nodded on his shoulder, but didn't say anything. 

Nakarating na silang dalawa sa bahay ni Majarlika. Sinalubong sila ni Yaya Lucy na nagwawalis sa living room. 

"Naku! Hindi pa naman ako nagluluto! Saglit at magluluto muna—"

"Ya, ako na."

The old lady parted her lips, staring at Majarlika in full confusion. 

"A-Ano, Maja?"

Grale's eyes directed at her. Even him was a little shocked. 

"Don't act surprised, Ya," she chuckled. "Marunong naman akong magluto."

Yaya Lucy blinked before speaking. "Oo nga at alam ko 'yon! Pero sigurado ka ba?"

"Right. Aren't you tired yet?" Grale asked her.

She shook her head. "Hindi pa naman ako pagod."

"O sige… Ikaw ang bahala," Yaya Lucy nodded. "Basta tawagin mo ako kapag may hindi ka makita sa kusina ha. Ako na mag aakyat nitong mga gamit mo."