Chapter 5: Grale

Ashton Grale Buenavista

"Do you seriously know how to drive?" Grale looked at girl beside him suspiciously. 

He asked because she looks so delicate in her cream turtleneck knitted dress with a short slit on the both sides. Her every move screams gentleness and refinement. She's not someone he pegs to do manly things. Not that driving is a manly thing to do, but she really looks delicate to drive a Fortuner.

"Are you scared I might kill you with my driving skills?" She chuckled.

"Seriously, ako na mag d-drive." He was about to unclasp his seatbelt when she laughed softly. Natigilan tuloy si Grale. Tinitigan niya itong tumawa and damn the heaven, she indeed sounds angelic.

She turned to him. "Wag kang mag alala, I'm a clean driver. Hindi kita papatayin."

Kumalma na lang si Grale at natahimik. Binuhay na ng dalaga ang sasakyan at nagsimula na silang umandar palabas ng resort. The two of them were quiet during the ride and he just asked a few questions about the place from time to time that she gladly answered. 

The view from the outside was relaxing, but he couldn't avoid glancing at her from time to time. Is it really possible? To meet such a girl? Even her driving is as calm as her.

The car stopped and Grale noticed that she parked the car in front of a two storey building. Tinanggal nito ang seatbelt at gagawin na rin sana niya ito nang pigilan siya ng dalaga. "'Wag ka na bumaba, dito ka na lang sa sasakyan. Saglit lang naman ako sa loob. Mahirap na baka pag kaguluhan ka. Cute ka pa naman," she smiled then just stormed out of the car.

He just eyed her till she got to the entry of the building.

"What the fuck was that?" Grey mumbled to himself. "Cute? Me? Oh please." He covered himself for a smile trying to escape from his lips. Bakit ba siya napapangiti?

The fuck, Grale. She just said you're cute and that's like a compliment for a fucking dog. Tapos natutuwa ka pa? Dang it.

Nailing na lang siya sa sarili. While waiting for the girl, he just decided to open his social media account. It has been days since he did it. He was just scrolling through his IG account when a post made him stop. 

It was a post from Thea. The photo shows the back of a man from a foreign place. Bet this photo was from Japan. The guy in the photo was Lance. No caption. But it was an enough statement.

His grip from his phone tightened.

He searched for an article about their current issue and Thea already gave her second statement.

His forehead was folded in layers while reading it. She just mentioned the same statement last time. That they broke up two months ago. January. Before she flew to Japan. But there was additional information added saying that they were already having a hard time last year.

Lies. These are all lies. They were fine last year. Or so he thought. But yes, maybe something was already off in between them around December but that was because Thea just suddenly gave him the cold shoulders and then January came and everything went haywire.

Huminga na lang siya ng malalim nang maramdaman ang pamilyar na kirot sa dibdib. Pinatay na rin ang cellphone at pumikit. Hindi alam ang nararamdaman. Dapat ba siyang magalit dahil pakiramdam niya ay niloko siya ni Thea o dapat bang hayaan niya na lang ang lahat dahil wala na rin naman siyang magagawa.

"Ayos ka lang?"

Grale opened his eyes when someone spoke. He was so occupied that he didn't even notice that Maja's already back inside the car. Bumaba ang tingin niya sa tatlong kahon ng pastries na dala nito.