Chapter Thirty Three: Home

A/N: THIS SONG SUMS UP NAMJOON AND LEILA PERFECTLY. TWO PEOPLE WHO SHOULDN'T FIT TOGETHER BUT SOMEHOW ACCEPTED EACH OTHER FLAWS AND ALL. IT MAKES MY HEART SO HAPPY TO GIVE THEM THIS SONG FOR SOME REASON.

"I think it would be best to make an extra batch of candles and waxes for tomorrow," Leila informed Jackie as she checked the Facebook event for the opening. "A lot of people responded that they're attending and I'm afraid that the more popular scents will run out quickly. I can probably make two hundred items tonight. "

"I can probably try to make an extra hundred but I'm going to be cutting it close. I have a date tonight so I'd have to get it done after."

That surprised Leila but in a good way. It meant that Jackie was getting over her or at least attempting to. "A date? That's awesome!" Jackie was a great guy, just not the right one for Leila. Any girl would be lucky to have him as he was loving, helpful, handsome, and hardworking. He'd been single for so long simply because he had been pining over Leila not because there was a lack of interest. A tall bearded man with heavily tattooed arms seemed to be at the top of most women's lists. It helped that he was quirky too because it made him quite endearing and contrasted his physicality completely.

"Yeah, I'm giving dating sites a try." He replied with a blush. The feelings he had for Leila didn't just go away overnight but he knew she was madly in love with someone else and he wouldn't keep chasing someone who was quite literally running into someone else's arms.

"Don't worry about it then, I'll see if Liz can help me."

"Leila! Leila!" Almost like they summoned her, Liz ran into the garage with Mia. "He's....on," she tried to catch her breath and held her phone out to Leila.

Leila gave her a perplexed expression and grabbed the phone out of her hand.

"I got on so Mia could see him and he's talking about you guys."

Leila couldn't hear her sister anymore. The only thing she was focused on was the man on the screen. Namjoon was live from his office and just seeing his face again made her heart flutter.

"Things haven't always been easy for me in the last couple of years. There were times I was so unhappy that I didn't know how I'd make it to the next day and so forth. Every day was like a repeating sequence of loneliness and hollowness that I couldn't escape from but I pushed forward because that was my job. You all needed me and I needed you."

He was speaking in both English and Korean but she assumed he was saying the same thing. When he mentioned Mia's name she realized that that was the focal point of the conversation. Leila sat down on a nearby crate as she listened to what he had to say. He may not have been talking to her directly but after so many days without any contact, she longed to know where his head was.

"She thinks I can do no wrong. She doesn't know who RM is, she doesn't understand what I do for a living or expects anything more from me than just to love and protect her. And I should be able to but... I'm finding it very difficult to provide that for her."

Leila's intent was never to make him feel inadequate or unable to protect Mia. She just reverted to her self-sufficient ways, which isn't always as great of a quality as people make it seem. Leila felt that it was in her hands and hers only to shield her daughter. Maybe, she hadn't thought about how it would affect him.

"Which is why,"

His wavering voice and the way he looked down let her know that he was close to tears but was fighting them. It was the longest pause in the world for her. She began to comprehend what this was. Leila thought she knew what he would say but she just prayed and hoped that she was wrong.