Chapter Thirty Two: Coming Home

Nothing lasts forever.

Everything has its beginning and its end.

Such is life.

It was filled with starts and stops, doors that opened, and others that closed. Moments in time that changed the course of your fate for better or for worse but were just that. Mere moments that left as quickly as they came.

Namjoon had been lucky enough to experience more good moments than bad in this lifetime. Many could not say the same. The thrills and rewards he'd experienced being RM were inconceivable and he'd forever be grateful for them.

But it seemed that Namjoon and RM could no longer co-exist.

Namjoon had told his father that Mia's father wasn't RM and it was proving to be true. So long as he embodied this persona he would never give a hundred percent of himself no matter how hard he tried. Mia would never live a normal childhood and she most certainly would never have a normal father.

Difficult decisions had to be made. Ones that would surely change the course of his life and put an end to this moment.

Namjoon stared at the camera before him. Any minute now he'd press the button that would broadcast his announcement. A self-destruct button that would implode RMs entire existence.

His palms grew sweaty as his nerves began to take over. He was trying to keep his composure but the facade was slowly breaking. He seemed confident when he convinced the company to allow him to make the announcement alone as it was his decision and he felt like it was more personal. Just he and Army in an intimate setting where he could be honest and vulnerable. They deserved to see the real him but now he was needing the support of the guys more than ever.

Namjoon didn't want to feel nervous about this. He wanted to believe that Army would stand behind him no matter what just as the members had.

__

"We can figure out another way." Taehyungs eyes brimmed over again as he looked at the person with whom he shared so many amazing experiences. Namjoon had led them to a Utopia of sorts and Taehyung wasn't ready to be in it without him. "Hyung, I don't want to do this if it's not all of us." He wiped his nose with his sleeve.

Namjoon couldn't help but feel like he was letting them down but he saw himself in an impossible scenario. He could either be a father or an idol but he couldn't be both. So long as he tried to live in both of those worlds, they would inevitably both come to an end. "Taehyung, I'll still be there to help with albums and singles. You know you can always call m-"

"It's not the same. Bangtan is seven members, not six. I'm not getting on a stage again if it isn't the seven of us."

"Don't be like that please?" Namjoon pleaded with him. Taehyung might not have been the youngest but he was the one that Namjoon was most worried about. He was gentle, sensitive, and the most empathetic human Namjoon had ever met. That made Taehyung fragile in Namjoon's eyes and he always wanted to protect his feelings the most.

Jimin pulled Taehyung to his side. "We will make it work."

"Not if he's leaving us. How the hell are we supposed to even do American shows without him?" Taehyung pulled away from Jimin.

"I'm not leaving you guys." Clarity hit Namjoon like a Mac truck after he said that. This is what Leila meant when she said she wasn't leaving him but just making the best decision for Mia. "I wish more than anything that I could handle what life has thrown at me with grace and continue my journey with you all but that's not what's in the cards for me. I'll either hurt Mia and Leila or I'll hurt you guys and if I'm being honest, I think I might end up hurting everyone altogether if I don't pull out of the game now.