Chapter Two: Day 1-4

DAY ONE:

Pulling into the parking garage at work proved to be more difficult than Leila anticipated. A swarm of paparazzi were spilling into the street in front of the hotel. At the entrance of the parking garage there weren't as many but Leila had to beep her horn indefinitely for them to move out of the way.

"Who the hell is here? This is ridiculous." She said to herself as she watched the paparazzi disperse to allow her through.

Once she was finally parked she entered the building through the garage. Leila clocked in for the beginning of her shift and head to her locker to change. Covering for Liz meant that she'd be working late to finish all of her rooms as well as the ones Liz was assigned. She didn't mind it though because she would do anything for her sister. Liz had done more for Leila than anyone else ever had. She allowed Leila to move in with her when she had no where to go and she even got her the job here. Liz was always there, no matter what.

Knowing certain aspects of Leilas past also made Liz overly protective of her. Although it occasionally got under Leilas skin she appreciated that someone actually cared about her. Leila did tend to be extremely impulsive and Liz was always there to try and rope her back in.

Men especially, were something that Liz tried to keep in check in Leilas life. Leila could admit she didn't always attract the best men but in her defense she wasn't looking for anything long term. They served one purpose for her and nothing more. She didn't dream about ever being married with children like Liz was. Men had always been a point of dissapointment in Leilas life and she didn't spend more time than necessary on any one man.

Just as Leila began getting her equipment ready for the day Rick walked into the supply room with a clipboard.

He scratched his balding head with the back of a pen before crossing something off on his clipboard. "It's a shame Liz couldn't come in today but I guess you'll just have to do."

"You could always go clean the rooms yourself, Rick." Leila gave him the fakest smile she could muster, making him bristle at her comment.

"There's a reason you're wearing a smock and I'm in a suit, Leila. I tell you when to do the dirty work and you do it."

She wanted to take the cleaning solution she had in her hand and pour it down his stupid throat but decided to fight him the only way she could without actually jeopardizing her job. "What kind of suit is that by the way? Gucci? Prada? Armani?" It was from Ross. She knew it and he knew it. There was no shame in buying from a place like that but there was in belittling people and she couldn't let that slide.

Leila could tell Rick was contemplating every way to toss her smart ass out of the building. He pulled the edge of his vest down and smoothed his hand over it subconsciously. "Just do your job! I got word the guests have stepped out for the day." With that he turn sharply on his heel and exit the supply room.

Guests. More than one? Maybe that's why Liz was assigned an entire floor.

She finished loading up her cart for the day before heading to the elevators. The floor Liz had been assigned required a special key card. That key card was to be signed out by the house keeper assigned to said floor and immediately returned once they were done. With that being said, it was the safest and most private floor of the hotel. Given the price for the rooms, it was the least they could offer.

She popped her headphones in and pressed play on her playlist. The room she started with wasn't too bad. It seemed like they'd tried to clean up after themselves for the most part. Aside from some cups and empty beer bottles on the coffee table, the living area was fairly clean. Someone had even tried to make their bed. It wasn't up to hotel standards and Leila would have to do it again but it did make her job a bit easier. She hoped this was a sign that the rest of the rooms on the floor would be as easy.