That Mysterious Girl(Ch-04)(Edited)

Silvery moon light was illuminating the path which was snaking in to the deep dark woods.

Green leaves of the trees were dancing on the rhythm of the soft breeze blowing over them.

Her pure white saree anchal was waving in the air and her untied long hair was swaying gently over her hips as she was heading into that dark dense forest all alone.

The tinkling sounds of her anklets and bangles were sprinkling the harmonious sound, breaking the silence of that surrounding atmosphere.

Delicately balancing the brass water pot on her left waist and circling her slender arm around its stout neck, she was stepping ahead.

After stopping near a beautiful lake full of white lilies and lotus she put her steps on the rock stairs down towards the surface of the water.

Sitting on the last rock stair she placed her pot beside and submerged her feet into the water.

Plucking up a lotus from the water she tugged it on her hair. Soon a bright smile grew on her face when her gazes found her won reflection on the water.

She started giggling looking at her image reflecting.

"Are you happy caging me here in this deserted place???",..Her playful giggles suddenly changed into very serious tone.

"But no matter how much you would try, I will be set free very soon then no one would ever be able to stop us from becoming one Rudra. That's my promise",... Saying this she poured the red liquid of that brass pot into herself and jumped into the lake. The entire lake turned into blood red within the blink of an eye.

Rudra jerked up from that spine chilling dream sweating profusely.

.

.

.

There was a sudden knock on the door in the middle of that night.

"What happened Rudra???",.. The middle aged man asked after opening the door.

"Dad, Can I sleep in your room???"..Rudra asked trying hard to mask the anxiety.

"Come inside",...

The worriedness on the hard face of that old man was clearly visible as he knew well about the reason behind Rudra's pale face.

"Dad!!! Where is your gun???",..Rudra suddenly asked after entering into his room.

"You need not to be afraid. I am here with you. Now just sleep",..After assuring he helped Rudra to layed down on his bed.

"Everything will be alright. Don't worry ",... Sitting near the headboard that old man started caressing Rudhra's head.

When he was sure that Rudhra went to deep sleep he took his position on the rocking chair nearby while watching the sleeping figure of his child who was still trying to cope with the past traumatic experiences.

"Only if I could've power to change the past",...A shaky sigh came out from his mouth remembering that dark past.

The vulnerable and fearful demeanor of Rudhra changed in to something mysterious when the charcoal black orbs found that old man sleeping on the rocking chair.

"To achieve something big you must have to sacrifice atleast a little",... Rudhra smirked in mind.

____________________________________

*NEXT DAY *

It was an early morning. She was busy in plucking colorful flowers and putting them in her small bamboo basket while humming her favourite tune.