Chapter 30

Branch couldn't believe his eyes... he... he was... dead...

"I think I heard something over here, y'all!" he suddenly heard in a shout, followed by the rushed sound of running hoofs...

It was Holly and Nataly... he had to hide!

Quickly, Branch ran around the corner, peeking out slightly to see as the country troll galloped around the opposite corner...

"We've caught you two red handed!" she shouted out in pure rage, but froze, her eyes widening in horror when she saw what was on the ground in front of her... or... more like... who...

"Branch!" she shouted out in a panic, running straight over to the now grey troll who was still drenched in blood... "Branch! Branch! Wake up!"

"What's going on?" Nataly questioned, quickly turning the corner to join her friend. "Did you find..."

She too froze in place when she saw the bloody mess that was one of her closest friends...

"No..." she whispered, quickly rushing over to drop down to her knees beside Branch's lifeless body... "Branch? Hey, Branch... can you hear me?" the techno pop troll asked in a soft voice, trying to shake the now gray troll awake. He didn't respond... he didn't react... he just lay there motionless... lifeless...

"He's gone..." Holly observed with a sigh, lowering her head to mourn the loss of another one of her friends.

     Branch gulped at the sound of those words, an aching sorrow shooting through his heart as he turned away from the two trolls who were still mourning by his body...

     He had to get to Poppy... the last thing he remembered... she was so sad... he needed to comfort her... now more than ever...

     Quickly, he started rushing off to find where the queen of pop had gone to, but as he turned yet another corner, something suddenly tackled him to the ground, the light blue pop troll letting out a loud scream of fear...