Chapter 11

"Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time. I feel alive," Poppy sang joyfully, skipping through the ship as she did her tasks happily, thinking this was all just one big game. "And the world... I'll turn it inside out, yeah. I'm floating around in ecstasy. So, don't stop me now. Don't stop me. 'Cause I'm having a good time, having a good time..."

     Poppy passed by several of her friends, who were also doing their tasks, not seeming nearly as happy as the queen of pop was. They wanted to believe this whole experience was just for fun... but even they had to admit... something seemed wrong...

     "I'm a shooting star leaping through the sky. Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity," Poppy sang, shooting astroids that threatened to hit the ship like nothing bad was happening. "I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva. I'm gonna go, go, go. There's no stopping me!"

     She ran through the halls, continuing to sing, completely unaware of the dark feeling that was creeping over everyone else.

     "I'm burnin' through the sky, yeah. 200 degrees," she sang, noticing a flashing light, signaling someone was on cams.

     Happily, she waved to whoever was watching, dancing a bit in front of the camera.

     "That's why they call me Miss Fahrenheit," she continued. "I'm travelling at the speed of light!"

     Again, she began to run, heading to her next task. She had three more in electrical. What could possibly go wrong?

     "I'm having such a good time. I'm having a ball. Don't stop me now. If you wanna have a good time just give me a call," the pink troll sang, skipping obliviously towards electrical. "Don't stop me now. 'Cause I'm having a good time. Don't stop me now. Yes, I'm havin' a good time. I don't want to stop at all!"

     "AHHHHH!"

     The sudden scream echoed through the whole ship, putting a halt to the queen of pop's song. She knew that scream...

     "Branch!" she cried out in terror, quickly taking off towards the horrifying sound.