Chapter 12

"AHHHHH!" Branch screamed at the sight of the mysterious figure, the dark shadow of it holding up its knife threateningly.

     "Ha! I scared you so bad!" the figure suddenly laughed, lowering it's weapon, before stepping into the light, so they could be seen.

     "Barb!?" Branch yelled out in disbelief, his eyes wide at the sight of the queen of rock.

     "You shoulda seen you're face!" the lilac troll laughed, almost falling over. "That was priceless!"

     "What the hair, are you doing, Barb!?" Branch yelled, his fear quickly being replaced by anger. "Scaring the most gullible troll alive," she responded in a laugh. "You actually thought you were about to die!"

     Clenching his hands in tight fists by his side, Branch glared at the rock troll in anger, trying his best to fight the urge to strangle her right here and now.

     "Branch! Branch!" a familiar voice suddenly screamed out in a panic, coming from the hallway. "What happened!? What's wrong!?"

     Just then, Poppy came running in, sighing with relief when she saw Branch was alright. Very angry... but safe...

     "Oh, Branch..." she cried out, still worried about the troll she cared about more than anything else in the world, as she ran over to hug him tight. "I heard you scream. What happened?"

     "Why don't you ask your bestie times infinity plus one..." he grumbled in reply, still glaring over at Barb.

     At his words, Poppy turned, seeing Barb standing there smugly, still holding the knife in her hand.

     "Barb?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow. "What are you doing in here. And what's with the knife..."

     "It's fake," the queen of rock assured, putting it into her hair, hiding it under her bright red Mohawk. "I was just trying to give boy toy here a little scare."

     "Little!?" Branch yelled out, stepping around Poppy to approach Barb angrily. "You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

     "Not my fault, you're a wimp," she shrugged, turning to walk away.

     "Grrr..." Branch growled softly in anger, watching her go.

     "Don't worry, Branch..." Poppy said gently, placing a comforting hand on her boyfriend's shoulder. "I'll talk to her. She won't do it again. I promise."

     Slowly, he turned back to the love of his life, his scowl fading as he sighed.

     "Ok..." he muttered softly, trying to calm himself down. "I'm ok..."

     "Good," Poppy said with a smile. "This is supposed to be fun, Branch. Just relax."

     Relax? How was he supposed to relax!? They were stuck up here, being forced to do tasks just to get home!

     But... he wasn't going to say that to her. He didn't want to upset her. She seemed happy, actually enjoying her time in the ship, and so far... nothing bad had happened... so maybe it was fairly safe here. Maybe it was all just a game.

     "Ok," he finally said with a slight smile. "But... I'd still feel better if we just stuck together. You know... to make sure nothing bad happens."

     Poppy smiled, leaning forwards to give him a quick but loving kiss on the cheek.

     "Of course," she responded, taking his hand in hers, as they both walked out of the room.