Chapter 17

"I have one more task in Electrical," Poppy told Branch, his ears drooping slightly at her statement.

"Oh... yay... electrical..." he said sarcastically, remembering what had happened the last time he was in that dark and spooky room.

"It's ok, Branch. You don't have to come in," Poppy said, separating slightly from her boyfriend. "I'll just be a minute."

She walked into electrical, leaving Branch waiting out in the hallway.

"But... but Poppy..." he started, reaching out to stop her, but she was already far out of reach.

"I'll be right back," she assured, disappearing into the darkness of the room.

With a sigh, Branch turned, deciding he would just guard the door. No one was getting past him...

—————

     Poppy walked around the corner, gasping in shock as she saw a large shadowy figure standing in the corner.

     "Ahh..." she screamed out in surprise, jumping back a bit. She really wasn't expecting to see anyone in there...

     "Oh... hi Poppy," the figure said in a friendly voice, turning to look at the queen of pop.

     "Biggie..." Poppy sighed in relief with a small smile. "It's just you..."
"Yep. Just doing my upload," he informed with a smile. "This thing takes forever. Right, Mr. D?"
"Mew..." the little worm answered.

     "Well I have to..." Poppy started, pulling out her task list to look at. "Calibrate Distributor. Whatever that means..."

     "I think it's that one," Biggie said, pointing at a little electrical box.

     "Thanks, Biggie," Poppy thanked with a smile, heading over to do her task, so she could get back to Branch before he got too worried about her.

     'Beep...'

     The strangely familiar sound came out of nowhere, the lights suddenly shutting off completely.

     "AHHHHH!" Biggie screamed out in fear, hugging Mr. Dinkles tightly. "What happened to the lights!?"

     "Calm down, Biggie," Poppy said gently. "We'll fix it."

     "Poppy!" Branch yelled, suddenly running in. "Are you ok!?"

     He quickly ran over to Poppy, not even seeing her until he was practically on top of her.

     "I'm fine, Branch," she assured as he hugged her tightly, shaking slightly in fear. "The power just went out."

     "Ok... ok..." he muttered, slowly pulling away. "I'll... uh... I'll fix it..."

     Quickly, he hurried over to the fuse box, opening up the panel to see five switches.

     "Ok... just need to..." he mumbled to himself, flicking up the switches to make the green lights underneath them light up.

     "What's going on in here!?" Barb yelled, suddenly barging into the room. "Someone fix the lights!"
"I'm already working on it, Barb," Branch sighed, rolling his eyes slightly.
"Well you're not doing it fast enough! Let me do it!"

     She pushed her way in front of Branch, un-flicking the switches he had already flicked.

     "You just turned them off again!" Branch yelled angrily, trying to flick them back on.
"I have a process, boy toy," Barb yelled back, un-flicking the switches again. "Just stay out of it."
"Well you 'process' is gonna leave us stuck in the dark forever!"

     Poppy and Biggie watched the two trolls fighting, flicking and un-flicking switches over and over.

     "Uh... Poppy?" Biggie said, turning to the queen of pop.
"Don't worry, Biggie..." she sighed in reply. "I got this..."

     She started walking over to the two trolls, pushing them both away from the power box.

      "Ok, you two... that's enough of that," she said, starting to flick the switches again.

     "She started it," Branch pouted, crossing his arms in frustration.

     "I found them, y'all," Holly said, walking into the still dark room with the rest of the group.

     "Don't worry, guys," Poppy said. "The lights are almost back on."

     She flicked one last switch, the power coming back, everyone gasping in horror at what they saw as the lights filled the room.

     Biggie was laying on the floor, covered in blood, Mr. Dinkles sitting sadly next to his best friend, a single teardrop falling from his eye.

     "Mew..."