Chapter 27

Poppy sat alone in the corner of Communications, her face buried in her knees as she cried softly, her colors slightly faded into a dull pinkish-gray. She just couldn't believe Branch... the love of her life... the troll she cared about more than anything else in the world... was gone... she would never see him again...

     She remembered how before they even came here, he had told her he didn't want to come, because he chose life... but now... he had chosen death. He would rather die than live without her... and sadly... Poppy felt the exact same way...

     "Poppy?"

     The voice startled her, causing the queen of Pop to jump up to her feet, her eyes wide in fear as she looked over at Holly and Nataly who stood before her.

     "Stay... stay away..." she cried softly, terrified of what these two trolls were going to do to her, as she backed into the wall, trying to get as far away from them as possible.

     "Poppy... we..." Holly said, pausing for a moment to take a deep breath, trying to hold back her tears. "We know you didn't do it..."

     The queen of pop gasped slightly at the country troll's words, her fear fading away and instead being replaced by shock.

     "We know you wouldn't hurt him..." Nataly added.
"I... I wouldn't hurt any of my friends..." Poppy stated firmly, continuing to keep her distance from them.

     "And we know that now..." Holly said. "We're so sorry... for... for everything."
"Branch..." Nataly sighed. "Branch was a good troll... and we'll all miss him..."

     Allowing more tears to escape her watery eyes, Poppy broke down into loud sobs of pain and despair, Nataly and Holly quickly rushing over to give her a comforting hug, both of them crying softly as well, mourning the loss of the sweetest, kindest, funniest, cutest, best troll they had ever known...