Chapter 6

The Black Rock
—————

A little green spider descended it's web in front of the Black Rock, as the group of trolls approached cautiously, only Poppy seeming confident with this decision.

"Oooooo... creeeepy...." the spider sang softly, slowly lowering itself from a tall tree.

" the spider sang softly, slowly lowering itself from a tall tree

"Uh... Po... Poppy..." Branch stuttered softly, stopping as he looked up at the massive skull shaped cave in fear. "Are... are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Of course!" Poppy exclaimed excitedly, as everyone walked past her, entering the dark and spooky cave. "It's a party! What could go wrong?"

"Gee... I don't know..." Branch said sarcastically with a slight shrug. "It could be a trap, and... I don't wanna sound like a broken record here, but... we could all DIE!"

     "You're over reacting, Branch," Poppy chuckled, beginning to walk forewords again, not paying any attention to her boyfriend's worry. "You're always assuming the worst will happen."
"No I don't," Branch retorted, a bit offended.

Flashback to all the times Branch had assumed the worst that I don't feel like writing...

     "Seriously, Poppy..." Branch finally said, quickly taking her hands in his, forcing her to stop for a moment and listen. "I have a bad feeling about this. And not the normal bad feeling I got on every other adventure we've been on... but like... a really bad feeling. Somethings not right here..."

     The queen of pop smiled slightly, gently placing her hands comfortingly on the blue troll's shoulders, as she gazed lovingly into his crystal blue eyes.

     "Everything will be fine, Branch," she assured, trying to calm her boyfriend's nerves, and help him feel better. "It's just a party. Nothing's gonna happen. I mean... other than eating lots of snacks, dancing, and having a ton of fun." She gave him a reassuring smile, but could tell he still wasn't convinced. "Besides..." she continued, gently rubbing Branch's arm. "Everyone else is already in there. And their all waiting for us."

     He sighed at her words, looking away from her as his ears drooped slightly, his heart still racing in his chest. Something bad was going to happen... he could feel it...

     "If you don't want to come..." she finally told him, with a kind smile. "You don't have to. I understand."

     Slowly, he looked back up at her, knowing she wasn't going to change her mind. She was going to this party... no matter what he said.

     "No..." he finally sighed, looking straight at her beautiful face. "I'm not letting you go in there alone. I'm going with you."

     Poppy smiled, leaning over to give Branch a quick kiss on the cheek.

     "I promise..." she assured. "Nothing bad will happen."