Chapter 23

"Are you sure this is gonna work?" Branch asked in a whisper, he and Poppy hiding behind a wall as they stealthily watched Holly and Nataly searching the ship.

     "Of course," Poppy answered enthusiastically. "If it's not me and it's not you... the imposter has to be one of those two. We just need to figure out which one it is. Easy."
"Yeah... easy..." he sighed sarcastically, his ears drooping slightly.

     "Don't worry, Branch," she assured with a kind smile, seeing her boyfriend was nervous about the plan. "We'll figure this out, and both get home. I promise."

—————

     "Where are those two traitors!?" Holly yelled out in anger, searching everywhere for Poppy and Branch.

     "Are we even sure they are traitors?" Nataly questioned, starting to second guess their decision to eject the two pop trolls into space. "I mean... Creek is a traitor... Poppy and Branch... well... they're not anything like Creek..."

     "Poppy literally admitted to being the imposter," Holly stated, checking behind the reactor for what had to be the hundredth time.

     "Yeah..." Nataly started. "To save Branch... who you were going to eject... and he isn't even the imposter!"
"Well clearly he's not innocent," Holly scoffed with a slight eye roll, looking into the vents to see if she could spot the two criminals. "Otherwise he wouldn't be harboring a fugitive. They're probably both the imposters. They're working together. So they can get home safely without the rest of us holding them back."

     "I... I don't know..." the techno/pop troll muttered softly, doubtful about Holly's assumption. "I mean... this is Branch we're talking about. Would he really do something like this? Just to save himself?"

     "You saw how mad Branch was at Barb when he found out she wasn't doing any of her tasks," Holly said. "He would do anything to get out of here."

     Nataly sighed, lowering her head slightly.

     "Yeah... guess your right..." she muttered.
"Yes I am," the country troll stated. "Now help me find 'em, y'all."

     The two girls walked off together, both of them searching for the two trolls who were currently hiding right behind them.

     "Holly's acting a bit... weird..." Poppy stated, noticing the way her friend was behaving. "In her defense..." Branch shrugged. "This situation is pretty stressful. I think anyone in our position would go a bit crazy. After all... we all want to get home alive... and one of us is trying to stop that from happening..."

     Poppy looked at Branch, sighing softly as she took in his words.

     "I guess you're right..." she muttered softly. "There's an imposter among us... and we still need to figure out who that is..."