Chapter one hundred and twelve

Start from the beginning

"Yes baby..?" I replied in an incredulous manner as though not knowing what day this was. It had taken a while to reach even her, I was actually almost surprised she caught on but then again Ari was a smart little thing. Master Yoda said it was done to her affinity to the force, how she shared a strong bond thanks to mine and Anakin's lineage. I'd have to agree with him, never before had I met a young toddler so confident.

"Birtday??" She questioned cutely tilting her head as she pointed to the digital Callander on my nightstand. Carefully sitting up and smiled and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her to my side since my baby bump now somewhat prevented her from sitting in my lap.

"That's right little one, it's your birthday, that means everyone's going to treat you like a princess and we'll have cake for tea." I replied having been planning this day with Padme and Satine for weeks now. Actually, they were the ones to first start planning the party, Fives even got involved when in came to decoration. He made surprisingly good balloon animals, a talent I'd never have predicted. Then again it's Fives.

Clapping her hands Ari cheered at my statement and giggled with the cutest little grin ever. She truly was adorable. Her bright aqua eyes then moved back to my nightstand and I followed her gaze, realising she was looking at the picture I set there in its small gold frame.  The picture was of Anakin and I the night of our wedding, me holding her as Anakin grinned and Ahsoka popped up behind him. It was a picture I treated of my family because, well we all looked so happy.

"Dadda come back today..?" She then asked sounding out each of the words. With her tiny finger pointed towards the picture and her blue eyes set on me I felt my heart clench. Wrapping both my arms around her this time and pulled her into a warm embrace and placed a kiss to the top of her head

"I'm sorry sweetie, daddy can't come home just yet, he's busy making the galaxy a safer place..." I replied continuing to hold the little girl close to try and make sure she didn't feel sad. It was a disappointment Anakin couldn't come back, but I understood why. He was out trying to create peace across the republic. Once he had then he'd be around for each and every one of Ari's birthday's.

"Oh...okie..." the little girl replied and as she did I could feel her disappointment. Some day she'd understand that her father was a national hero, that he was doing this all for her and her future siblings. Hopefully though it would all be over soon and we could be a family again.

"...you know who is around though sweetie?" I went on to ask giving the girl a small smile and I leant round holding her shoulders lightly. "Auntie Padme and Satine,and believe they have gifts." I added on watching as her eyes lit up brightly with a beautiful glow. Giggling she clapped her hands and jumped on the mattress beside me.

"Yay!" Ari cheered waving her arms about then jumping off the mattress. I sat myself up and watched her run off out the room, smoothing out my nightwear and sliding my legs over the edge. Giving a sigh I wiggled my toes and stretched feeling a little stiff from all the strain of this pregnancy. Last time I was barely conscious, this time I actually had to experience the change - not that I minded, I couldn't wait to meet Anakin and i's little one.

"Ari, wait for me sweetie!" I called out the room as I got up. Taking my dressing gown from the end and  and threading my arms through the sleeves as I headed to the door. Making my way to the kitchen I smiled seeing a number of balloons in a variety of colours and a banner reading 'happy first birthday Ari!'.

"There's our little birthday girl!" Padme cheered with a great big grin and she opened up her arms turning in her seat to approach the approaching toddler. The senator pulled little Ari into a fond hug and kissed her temple just as Satine emerged carrying a most beautiful cake. I smiled sitting myself down at the end of the table were I'd always sit when we lived here with Ari and Ahsoka.