Chapter 13

"BEATEN"

**************

I sat in the living room listening to her talk to who ever she talking to about how Dad doesn't care about her anymore. I really don't understand why she is so upset about that. She is never home, most of the times she is always out on "business trips" which that lie is the number one lie for a person to tell  when they are cheating on their partner.

"Oh, I feel so bad. I don't know what am I going to tell him. What's going to happen between us?" she said with a crack within her voice.

Wait what is she talking about? Is she really cheating on Dad.

I got up from the living room and stood between the entrance which lead to the kitchen and that parted off the living room to get a better hearing on what she was saying

I try my best to hid my body between the wall, even though she couldn't see me because she wasn't facing me. I didn't want to take a risk for her to see me anyways.

"Oh gosh, I'm scared to say anything to him. I can't take it no more. You don't know how hard it is to be actually be happy in this house." she mutter low as if she knew someone was listening to her.

Suddenly Dad came out of nowhere and wrap himself around her. Pressing himself close enough on her body which gave her a sudden jump. I watch as she quickly hid her phone into her back pocket, and turn around and faced Dad with a sulky smile upon her.

As he leaned in for a kiss, she spun her face to the left and suddenly pushed him off, and escaped under his arms which was resting around her neck.

But as fast he was, he grabbed her forearm before she can move out the kitchen and pulled her into his chest.

"What now honey? I'm not good enough for you anymore?" he blurted out with the frustration that began to build up in his voice, which never led to a good thing in his case.

"No baby, it's not that it's just-" in a instant my mom was cut off with a slap to her face and a push to the floor.

My heart jumped at the sound of impact , I forced myself to move towards my mother who already drop to the floor.

Her eyes scan up my body to my face. The fear in her eyes gave me a cold chill down my back.

I knelt down by side her, keeping my gaze only upon her.

The urge to punch my dad was sky rocketing my scale.

No matter how much I did not like the small attention I got from my mother, seeing her in this state made me angry.

"What's wrong with you Dad?" A sudden lump formed in my throat as I pushed myself to say.

I looked up into his eyes, which sifted to me then mom, nothing in his eyes but pure anger.

"Go to your room now Jason." a sudden whisper came from my mom.

My eyes darted quickly from dad's eyes, I got up and rushed towards the stairs and up to my room without looking back to scene in the kitchen.

"You better forget whatever you just seen here today, and you better not tell Zach anything or i'll beat the shit out of you." Dad's voice echo within the house.

************************************

Jason's POV

I did what was said, I kept my mouth shut just like what the unknown voice said to do. I couldn't really recognized the person because of how low the voice sounded when they whisper. But I had an idea it was Victoria. From the familiar scent that was coming from her body.