Chapter 54

Nandini Arora's POV

I didn't know what was going on. I remember someone carrying me and I made a little noise. A voice told me that it's okay, go back to sleep and I did exactly that because I had no strength left in me.

Next time when I opened my eyes, I was in my room, wrapped up in my duvet and Manik was laying beside me outside of my duvet. I didn't know if he was sleeping or just resting there. I started to remember things. I was supposed to attend a meeting and then I collapsed. I really missed the opportunity to meet Mr. Naagraj.

He was a really big name and he was interested in investing. It was a great opportunity but I had to faint that time. I groaned and I felt the shift beside me.

"How long I was out?" I asked.

He sat beside me and said, "For a good few hours. How are you feeling?"

"Fine. I don't know why I fainted like.." I rubbed my head.

"You don't know! You just recovered from your sickness and then you dive into the action without letting your body taking any rest. I warned you before but no. Today was the first day and I couldn't keep an eye on you. Look what happened." He was really angry.

"I don't have time for the rest. I even missed the meeting with Mr. Naagraj. It would be a miracle if I got another meeting date with him." I missed the once in a lifetime opportunity.

"I told him to have the meeting with me but he only wanted to have it with you." I looked at him in surprise.

"You offered him to have the meeting but he turned you down! That's not possible."

"He seems to be very eager to meet you. He is the one who held you when you fainted. I don't think you have to wait too long before you get to meet him again. Can you keep a request?"

I frowned at him. He was requesting? He was talking nonsense, there was no way Mr. Naagraj turned him down and eager to meet me. Like why would he? "What request?"

"Stay away from that snake. If possible, don't meet with him. His shrewd mind was definitely brewing something poisonous."

I just get looking at him like an idiot. What was he talking about? "Is this another episode of your jealousy and did you just call him a snake?"

"Yes to both. Everyone calls him snake because he is one. I have enough reason to warn you. He doesn't do small investment. He is needed to be handled tactfully or else he will swipe all the money from you. It's a high risk with him. I don't want to be associate with him, we don't need to."

I sighed. Maybe he was right but the opportunity that came with the risk was immense. "I will decide after I have the meeting with him but I will keep everything that you said in mind. You have more knowledge than me and he has a questionable reputation."

"I am not going to stop you from having the meeting. If it was in my hand, I would have keep that snake away but ignoring him would make him take extreme measures so it's good if you at least meet him once but under heavy observation."

"Manik, no matter how dangerous that man might be, I don't think he is going to do something in our first meeting." I was not meeting some serial killer.

"He might not but he would do something that will make you meet him again and again. He is coming to make his way." Manik might be right but I had no time for nonsense like that.

"You know what? Do what you think is necessary to do. I have no interest in that snake guy and whatever he is planning. I have more important mattress in my hand and I am hungry." I groaned and immediately I remembered something.