Chapter 36

Hayat Aslan's POV

I slept till two in the afternoon, next day. I was still tired. Moreover, Murat ordered his butler to make sure that I had a full proper lunch. I was hungry as well so, I just ate everything. After my lunch, I decided to take a walk in the garden as I was again feeling sleepy.

I felt fresh after staying in the garden for a while. The fresh air, fragrance of the flowers made me feel better. My mind went to the last night stairs fight with Murat. It was not a fight but it was not a conversation as well.

After he made the comment about beautiful scene, I asked him what did he mean. He was trying to distract me, like his house look good with low lights that's why he said that. I glared at him like I did not know why he said that. But it was not usually him making that kind of comment. I was too tired to start fighting so I let it slide that time.

He really meant my... Uhm... something else because that time the lights were so bright. Where did he find low lights that time? I was thinking about that when my phone rang. I started to get scared whenever my rangs.

"Hello"

"Dr. Aslan, you are urgently needed in the hospital."

"Dr. Imran, What's going on?"

"Zain is not going to make it if we wait any longer. Yesterday's patient is up and everything is looking good for now. We need to operate Zain today."

My heart felt like falling in a never ending pit. I am still not over the horror from yesterday.

He already prepared for everything till the time I reached to the hospital. Ayfer and Erhan were crying holding an unconscious Zain. My emotional state was about to go in a ride. I would not be able to do anything with my emotional state.

"Let me get ready for the surgery first, Dr. Imran."

I got ready for the surgery, once again going through every details in my head. As a doctor, we always try to save our patients and the pressure were always the same. But this would be the first time for me to operate a member of my family that too the youngest one.

The surgery was the hardest thing I had done in my entire life. The complications were unstoppable. If it was another time, I might have thought that it's a hopeless case but it's Zain. I hardly got to spend time with him, I had yet to plan so many things with him.

After an intense fight with death, finally things started to look good and it's been more than ten hours of us being inside of the room.

By the time I was done with the surgery and cleaning up, my body started to feel light. My head was hurting and I was just feeling really bad. I wanted to see Zain where he was under observation. But before I could made it to that section, everything turned black.

**

I slowly opened my eyes, my head was aching like hell. I tried to touch my forehead but my hand hurt as well. I looked down only to see something was attached with my hand. I was definitely in a hospital cabin.

Gosh, it was so embarrassing. The surgeon fainted after the surgery and became a patient herself. "Why did I faint those? I had done surgeries like that back to back before."

"Probably because your blood pressure were too inconsistent." Someone said and I let out a small scream.

"I didn't see you there." I said after seeing him sitting on the couch.

"You don't see anything. Just like you didn't see that you are not in a good condition." He sounded angry.

I wanted to ask him about what happened but I remembered about Zain. I tried to get up but failed because my head felt too heavy.

"What are you doing? You can not move now."

"Zain, what happened to him?" I asked with urgency.

"Still unconscious but vitals are stable. Don't worry about him, worry about yourself." He said with an angry frown.

"I am fine, just my head feels heavy. What is this saline doing here?"

"Doctor said that you need it. It's your third saline and no, you are definitely not fine. How did you live in Canada when you are this reckless? I am going to call the nurse now."

"I am fine." I protested weakly.

"Should I order for some soup as well? I don't think that this saline is doing it's work." He looked at the packet like it was most useless thing.

That man was actually serious!

Nandini Arora's POV

Things were not easy exactly like I had imagined. My former boss was uncertain about the entire situation. No experienced designer would like to work in a already sank company. She was right so, I decided to take few of her interns.

She happily agreed and promised those interns that the best one would get a permanent job. If they manage to run the company by their unique designs then all of them would be appointed as a permanent employees. They were almost done with their internship so, they took it as an opportunity for some experience.

My next stop was to get materials from my trusted suppliers. I used to get materials from them when I was an intern. My whole day went like that way. After returning to the home, I took a shower and stood in the balcony. I had few ideas for gender neutral shirts, t-shirts and some other easy wears. I managed the designers part but I needed workers.

I was thinking about more things when I recognized his presence. "Heard you were not home, whole day. Aunty didn't know about you either." He stood beside me.

I looked at him without saying anything. I wanted him to speak more for me to have some idea. "I knew you were doing something that I would not like. You met Anayra Sharma. Wasn't she the one who helped you to run away?"

So, he got to know and started questioning me. "Yes, she once helped me at my bad time and I was sure that she would help me once again."

"But now you both are rivals."

"No, we are not. She is known for exaggeratingly exclusive things. I am eyeing the regular market. We can not afford those kind of pieces." She was well known for her work. She had no time for patty things.

"What if you manage to make it huge in the future?" He was talking like the partner of the company. So it irritated me a little.

"Well, we will see in the future. But now I need workers."

"Few workers are still jobless. My assistant will inform them to come. By the way, few journalists asked to have your interview. You are an well known designer that's why." He looked at me with a smile.

"I am in. I will then announce about the company then. It will be a good promotion. But I need to inform Nick before that." I was his employee and then I started to work in somewhere else!

"Don't worry. He knows about your plans and he has absolutely no problem. You have the creative freedom."

"Woah! You are working on it as well." I said in disbelief.

"I am a good businessman. That's why I managed to keep up with both companies."

"Thank you for doing this. You have done a lot of things for us, I don't think thanking you is enough." I said sincerely.

"You know what will be enough so just do that."

I frowned. "Do what? Marry you?"

"No." He chuckled. "Just think a little about it and you will get your answer."

💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭

Chapter 37 is available on Inkitt.