Chapter 44

Hayat Aslan's POV

Grandma was sleeping once we left her cabin. Murat remained silent after I agreed for the marriage. "Why are you still upset? Grandma made it. You should be happy but you look like a grampy cat."

"Why did you agree to that? I know that you did it to calm her down but she is not going to stop. She needs to understand that only business deals can form after negotiation not marriage or commitment. This was the biggest lesson for me when you were gone." He said it with so much seriousness that I didn't know what to say.

I never thought he, The Murat Yilmaz would say something like that. He did say that he learnt a lot in my absence but this was... I had no word to describe. Thousands scenarios were running through my head and I focused on one thing. He finally realized how relationship should be formed.

"She... She is not wrong. We kept her in the dark. According to her we are still engaged so she can demand us to get married. We can't even tell her the truth in this condition." I said, looking away.

"But we have to. We can't get married like this." I laughed because three years ago, it was me who did not want to get married.

"Why? Do Murat Yilmaz have someone in his heart and that's why refusing for the marriage." I teased him. But he didn't find it amusing. He stopped walking and turned towards me.

"You tell me. Why do you look like you have no problem with it? It was you who wanted to get out of this arrangement. Now I am freaking out here but you are in a fun mood. What are you thinking?"

I was asking myself the same thing. I should be the one reacting but I am not reacting at all. I have this calm feeling within me. "Murat, we can't tell her. It's going to make her condition worse and we can't risk it. You had enough time to tell her but it's not the time."

"So, we should get married? Your leave is going to end soon and it will be me handling her. I don't want her to dream about the wedding when we are not going to do it. She is worried about me so I should find a woman to act like my wife. You won't be burdened by my baggage." Before I could say anything, he walked away. I ran behind him and get in the car.

"How long are you going to act? She wants to see us both together. It's not only about you, she is worried about me as well. Then we need to find someone to act like my boyfriend as well." Lying is harder than telling the truth. But he didn't care.

"It's okay, we can search for actors together." He save it as if it was no big deal. It looks like he hired people like this before as well that's why it's very easy for him.

"Are you fuc-" I was interrupted by my phone.

"Selim?" I mumbled as soon as I received it. Murat looked at me once and then looked ahead.

"Hey Hayat, you said you will call but looks like you are busy after going home." I absolutely forgot about him and I felt a little guilty.

"Yeah, I attended surgeries here and one of them was my nephew. Time is hard right now." I sighed.

"Girl, be easy on yourself. You used to be busy here and you are on leave but you still attending surgeries there. I am not going to burden you with my problems then."

"No, I remember that I promised you to meet your daughter and I am going to fulfill that since all things are going on pretty smoothly right now. Give me your address. I can use some free time. Anyway, do you have something to say or want me to do something?" he probably wanted me to get something for his daughter. He was away from his home for a long time as well.

"For some days I am having some bad feeling. I want you to see if everything is fine there. My daughter is with my mother. Whenever I talk to my daughter, it feels like she wants to say more but my mother is always there. I am away from my home long enough and I don't even know if something wrong is happening there and they are just hiding it from me. So, I need your help with that."

"I understand your concern but I don't think that few visits from me is going to fix anything. If something wrong is going on and they are hiding from you, they will most likely cover it up from me as well. Still I will try my best to figure it out." I cut the call after telling him to take care.

"Wow, it feels like you are not on leave but on duty, helping people one after another." Murat mocked from my side.

"I am just helping a helpless father who is worried about his daughter. His daughter is with his old mother and he believes something wrong is going on. Obviously I am going to help, after all he is my colleague." I said and he gave me a side eye.

"You both sound like you are really close." He said and his voice sounded harsh.

"Not that close but what is it with your tone? You look like you ain't happy." I asked him back.

"You are just imagining things. Why would I have any problem. It's your life after all." He shrugged.

"Right, when are we going to look for your wife and my boyfriend?" I asked in fun and he just glared at me. "You sure you want a fake wife? Because it's a bit extreme. You should go for girlfriend first. Wife is not really believable in your case."

I was giving him advices but I felt like we were only going to make a mess out of everything.

Nandini Arora's POV

"I want us to start over." Manik literally announced and I frowned. I was confused because he suddenly just entered in my previously LOCKED room and told me that out of nowhere.

"You want to do what? I don't understand." I folded my hands as I knew that whatever it was, I would not like it.

"I want us to start over, like a new journey, something like dating?" He, himself sounded unsure about it. How was I supposed to take him seriously?

"No?" I also answered in the same manner.

"Why not? We both started in a bad way because of our parents and I was a total jerk as well, can't really say that I was innocent. But now I am a total new man and I want to rectify my past mistakes." At least he said that with confidence.

"You see the problem? That time it was about your mother and this time, it's about what you want not me. I know that I should give you a chance to show me that you are a changed person. But you always have a claim on everything. It's like I am really not free from you. This is why, I can't give you a chance." I didn't tell him that I already felt like I was tied with him. He was literally everywhere in everything. I came back to my home and found myself surround by him.

"I totally understand. And that's why I am asking you for a second chance. Let's be honest, we have spent enough time together but most of it was for work. You have changed, I have changed but we never really got to show it. I just want us to try for the last time for our sake. We won't have any regret in the future that we didn't even try. Spending rest of our life thinking about 'what if, perhaps, but' is not good. I am sure you also won't like it if I remain inside of your brain." I looked at him with disbelief.

"You are really adamant about dating. Of course, you are the most stubborn man I have seen and you can't change it that much. Anyway, I agree with some of what you have said. That's why I will give you a chance-"

"Thank you, you won't regret it." He cut me off excitedly.

"But. I am not done yet. I will give you a chance if I can not find the perfect man for me." His smile died and he gave me a serious look.

"Now what's that supposed to mean?" He asked as if he was offended.

"Simple, I didn't have enough experience before. So, now I want to taste other fishes from the sea before I return to you." I shrugged but he didn't take it well.

"You want to date other men!"

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Chapter 45 is available on Inkitt.