Chapter 42

Nandini Arora's POV

Because of my health condition and the fire totally ruined my works which fell in the organizers responsibility, they agreed to let me work in my own space. So, I no longer share a common space with other designers.

It was good though, I was resting and working at the same time. The only problem was Manik, yes him! He would just bring me 'healthy food' every hour for me to eat. I even locked the doors thinking he would not be able to come inside but I forgot that he had keys.

"Manik, if I keep taking breaks like this then I will never gonna finish my work." I whined and threw away my design book.

"You are weak so, you need to eat to gather your strength. Your mom also said the same thing and you know, I follow everything my elders have told me. Nothing less and everything more." I rolled my eyes as he started to grin.

I acted like I was annoyed but I missed someone caring for me. I used to suffer alone when Hayat would be in the hospital. I used to depend on just medicine and the condition of my mouth didn't approve of the bland healthy food. I imagined my mother to be there with me but all of it was just imagination. So I liked it even when I should have stayed away. I was getting used to that pampering.

"By the way, did they figured it out? How the fire started or not? I wasn't thinking about it before but I think someone did it intentionally. Also, only my dresses got burnt. It's definitely fishy." I said while I had the vegetable soup. I didn't know if it was me or the soup but it tasted a little bitter.

"I know they are doing some investigations. Something was definitely fishy because the cctv were off that day. Only few people knew about this. Don't worry, if anyone did something then they will be exposed at the main event by the organization." He said and I sighed. If anyone really did something and got exposed, it would be over for that person.

"I hope, no one was stupid enough to do it." I murmured and sighed again. "Do not bring anything for the next three hours. I need to finish my work. And if Katherine is free, can you send her to me? I need her help."

"You can tell me. I can help you with everything." He insisted. He was getting clingy. Even though I feel irritated, he looked cute. I shook my head with a smile.

"I want to talk to her as well. You see I wasn't in the Office for a long time. I need to catch up with some gossip. You can spend your time with your friend."

"Huh! Who is going to spend time with that idiot. By the way, the organizers wanted the designers to wear one of their own created dress and walk on the runway." It was common for designers to walk on the Runaway but that was only for the credits. Walking as a model occasions were really rare. "I told them that you won't do it."

"Why did you said that? Everyone will do that. I am already getting special treatment as I have my own private space, now you told them that I won't wear my own dress as well! I do not want anymore special treatment. Everyone is going to gossip about this and all my hard work till now will be discarded." I was horrified. Already I was getting favors and I knew people would not take it in a good way. He should have ask me before giving them any answer!

"You are a designer not some model. On top of that you are sick. You should not go up there." He tried to reason with me but I was mad.

I wanted to shout at him but he took are of me so I tried the polite way. "But others are doing the same. I am not special. Stop treating me like one. You took care of me and now looking after me. I am thankful for that and I am doing well. I can do it and I am doing it for something big. Please let me do my work and do not take decisions on my behalf. "

We were throwing words at each other in short fighting. I wanted to do what was told but Manik disagreed with it. He didn't want me on runway as a model. We both stubborn heads collided with each other. At the time, we were literally screaming at each other.

"I told you, you are not doing this then you are not. I will not allow you to do so." Did he just said that he would not allow me? So, he went back to the old a*shole Manik.

I rolled my eyes and looked directly in his eyes. "What personal relation you have with me to allow me to do my work?"

Hayat Aslan's POV

I was getting out of Zain's cabin when I saw the doctors and nurses running inside of an one particular yet very familiar cabin. Dread surrounded my heart and stomach. She was supposed to be fine!

I ran towards the cabin and saw the machine was showing the drastic fall of her heartbeat. Dr. Imran was checking her and I literally pushed others around so that I could get beside grandma. "Is she going into a shock?" I shouted over the loud beeping sound.

"Looks like that." Dr. Imran said and proceeded to give her an injection. The heartbeat was still falling. We should not lose her heartbeat or it would be impossible to bring her back.

I hold her hand while Dr. Imran push more injections in her. "Don't leave like this grandma, Murat won't be able to bear the sudden shock." I wishpered but my eyes were on the machine. Fortunately the heartbeat stopped dropping. But her heartbeat was really low. She needed few more to be declared stable. I sighed in relief, we didn't lose her.

We were needed to get out of the cabin as a crowded cabin was not good for her. I looked at grandma for the last time and came out. I was about to go out of the hospital as well when I saw a tripping Murat was trying to run. He saw me and run towards me. He almost threw both of us on the floor. It looked like a hug but he just lost his balance and fell on me.

"Murat, slow down! You are going to hurt yourself."

"Grandma! How is grandma? They told me her situation worsen and she might not make it." Who was giving information like that way. Murat's eyes were wide and he had crazy look. He was going through so much.

"She will be fine. Her heart beats were there but she will take time to be stable."

Murat took a deep breath and murmured 'she is here, she is here'.

"I will wait for you in the car. You go and see her." I almost ran from there. I couldn't see him like that. I waited for him in the car for a long time. I just wondered if he was okay there or he was crying beside grandma.

I almost fell asleep on the car when I heard the sound of door opening. Murat with a blank face got inside. He could have used his own car from which he came. The car started to run ahead and we sat silently.

"You okay?" I asked and looked like it was the last stone for him. He pulled me towards him in a hug. I could feel him crying but he didn't make any sound. My heart broke into million pieces. I hugged him back and rubbed his back silently.

Sometimes words are not needed to stay beside each other, support and comfort.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Chapter 43 is available on Inkitt.